Generating Leads

radical

Well folks, I am thinking about getting into lead generating. I would like to know what leads are sought after most, or what are some pretty basic leads to start generating and what price they sell for per lead. Let me know, any tips or advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.
:biggrin:

Re: Lead Generating

Lead cost will depend on the market you are in, whether you are just buying leads or joining the lead company's insurance carrier and how you plan to generate leads (direct mail, telemarketer, autodialer). If signing up with IMO who provides leads, you get a lower lead cost because they get an override off of you.
Direct mail leads should run $15 to $30 for Final Expense and $20-40 for Mortgage Protection.

Staying independent and using direct mail leads, figure $30-40 for Final Expense and $35-50 for Mortgage Protection.

It also depends on your area. I could not find a company that would provide direct mail leads for Mtg. Prot. in Los Angeles unless I joined the organization. The return rate was too low for them to make money.

If staying independent, figure $30-35 for Final Expense and $35-45 for Mortgage Protection.

Thanks for the post mickeyma. I was thinking about cold calling small businesses for information on their current health insurance for that business. Are small business health insurance leads worth generating? Is there a market for them? I need some input.
ps: Please forgive me for sounding like a complete noobie, because I am one, hehe.

Last edited:
I primarily deal with life and annuity business. Just recently I started individual health beacuse it's almost like P&C. People just buy it, it's not really sold. Those clients also became insurance clients as well. So I think looking at health for individual or group is a great start. But I'm also only in my second year in the business.

Best of luck hope that helps.

Back