Genuine Discussion on MA Regulations

UKTX

Super Genius
With all the regulations regarding MA's etc how does an agent actually market/generate leads in this market?

I only do the occasional MA if it comes across my lap.

In FE, I buy leads weekly, set appointments, go see em, sell em and then rinse and repeat.

Does a fixed cost MA lead exist?

My curiosity leads me to think I am missing a big chunk of change with Medicare.......

With all the regulations regarding MA's etc how does an agent actually market/generate leads in this market?

In FE, I buy leads weekly, set appointments, go see em, sell em and then rinse and repeat.

My curiosity leads me to think I am missing a big chunk of change with Medicare.......

Do you ever ask your FE clients who they have their Medicare insurance with?

Direct mail is #1. Also, referrals from doctors, medical groups, dentists, food banks, senior housing, etc.

With DM are you mailing to T65?

Are you using fixed cost leads or regular DM/returns?

In FE I'm spoiled because it's a relatively simple sales cycle.

Medicare seems to be way more complex to gain customers.

Regular DM mailings. T65 are guaranteed issue but the competition is fierce. Companies start mailing brochures 1 year in advance and keep it up at 3 month intervals. But, they know they need it so it's an easy sale....if you can get to them before the 10,000 other agents.

I hate DM. Loving educational events. I've also done Walmart the past few years with great results (not everyone's cup of tea). It really depends on what you are comfortable doing.

Regular DM mailings. T65 are guaranteed issue but the competition is fierce. Companies start mailing brochures 1 year in advance and keep it up at 3 month intervals. But, they know they need it so it's an easy sale....if you can get to them before the 10,000 other agents.

Yep. He’s asking about Medicare Advantage. So I don’t think the GI has much to do with it. Not many people have ESRD. For that reason the 66+ ages are a much easier market than T-65.

If you are already buying weekly FE leads you don’t need additional leads. You are sitting right in front of the people you are trying to get leads for.

Just ask: Who is your Medicare Insurance with? Are you happy with your current plan?

In addition to helping you with your life insurance, I’ll be happy to help you with your Medicare. Call me any time you have a question or problem. Call me in October to review how your current plan will change for the following year.

If they are on low income subsidy set an appointment to review their options if they want to.

If they are perfectly happy with what they have, leave them alone. If they aren’t happy, that’s better than any lead you can buy.

If you do that on every appointment you will have all the Medicare you need to stay busy as you want. And zero extra lead cost.

Back