Genworth Says "Ciao" to AARP

JUst LTC Right? Met Life did the same thing to them a few years ago.

They want too much money and were eating up all the profits.

Any links, rhyme or reason!?

UHC does their medicare,
Aetna does their under 65 over 50 health insurance,
Hartford does their auto,

Any of these guys thinking of dropping AARP too?! Wasn't sure if the reasons could affect the others.

I have the email, but it states "not for distribution to the public." I will send it to you via private message.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh well, I will finish working on my AARP 10 Pays I have in the hopper......

Last edited:
I have the email, but it states "not for distribution to the public." I will send it to you via private message.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh well, I will finish working on my AARP 10 Pays I have in the hopper......

Since when are we the "public"? :skeptical::1laugh:

I work for AARP smh thats all I can say the pay on applications are a joke, and when you know your worth you just make plans to leave. I am not with that captive agent crap and $2.50 a applicaton they even take 30% off your bonus money. I can't see them with that contract for long as much as they fire people for no memberships

As of this morning, AARP's website still offers LTCi through Genworth. Is there a cutoff date?

Any reason given as to why it's over?

All apps must be received in h.o. by june 1st.

The reason is profitability (or lack thereof).

As of this morning, AARP's website still offers LTCi through Genworth. Is there a cutoff date?

Any reason given as to why it's over?

Read Friday's bulletin (its a good one), but the end is June 1st. Don't know why, but we can all guess. They were on a very old product & AARP wouldn't allow any changes. And it was internal competition with an unfair advantage to AARP.

Back