GENWORTH, THE END?

Genworth May Cut Remaining LTCI Sales and Marketing Operations | ThinkAdvisor

McInerney said Genworth will give more details about the changes in early February, when the company releases its earnings for the fourth quarter of 2020.

Genworth is descended from a financial services company that was once an affiliate of General Electric. It continues to be a major issuer of mortgage insurance in the United States. It has been a major issuer of life insurance, annuities and long-term care insurance, and it continues to generate some LTCI sales.

McInerney said during the call that Genworth still has 1.1 million LTCI policies in force.

I read they may try to issue more shares. I mean, what investor in their right mind would buy Genworth stock?

Traders. Not long term investors.

Institutions will probably get some.... they can manipulate the price and trade the fluctuations so that it doesnt matter what the price does a few years down the road.

Anyone with sense knows its a sinking ship. But a sinking ship in the market is gonna get plundered and looted on the way down as much as possible. The greater fool theory... or lesser fool theory...

One time they were rated A plus by Best.
I wrote term with them and some UL.
I know the life side didn't cause the problems.

So, do rating matter?

Opinions?
Shooter

One time they were rated A plus by Best.
I wrote term with them and some UL.
I know the life side didn't cause the problems.

So, do rating matter?

Opinions?
Shooter

Go ask the consumers who funds are locked up in the thread about Colorado Bankers receivership. They were a B+

This was once A+ rated carrier with a great reputation. Then POOF.

The Mutual Benefit Life Insurance Company had a diverse set of offerings: life, health, and annuity products available to the individual, group, and business sectors. The company was placed in rehabilitation under supervision in mid-1991 by the New Jersey Court, which later approved a Third Amended Plan of Rehabilitation on January 28, 1994. The plan, implemented on April 29, 1994, provided for the transfer of most of Mutual Benefit’s assets and insurance liabilities to Mutual Benefit Life Assurance Corporation (MBLLAC).

Mutual Benefit Life Insurance Company: Policyholder Information

Carved up and sold for scrap

Back