Georgia State Retirees

dandan

Guru
100+ Post Club
Do you see any reason not to put a retired Georgia teacher on a different plan than what they are offering, they will continue to keep their retirement of course, the teachers rep told me the only downfall would be they would never be able to get back onto the State Health plan, well their plan is just a Medicare Advantage plan?

I haven't looked at the new UHC MA plan but the old BX plan was an association plan with lower OOP than the street BX plans. Yes, they can't get back in once the drop but they are under the impression the SHBP retiree plan is a good deal.

The initial write up in the press mentions the much lower premium for the UHC plan but makes no mention of the benefit comparison.

It is a pretty solid plan. Including DVH. MOOP of 2500, no doughnut hole, 25-85 dollar premium, diabetic and other health programs that pay for, in some cases the full amount of the drug.

Tread lightly here and be sure your client knows what they are giving up because if something goes wrong, ie they ever hit the doughnut hole, you will be blamed for lying to them whether you tell them or not.

The max out of pocket is lower but I thought for 2015 it was $3200 also if admitted to the hospital they are responsible for 20% opposes to a per day amount.

Back