Gerber Guaranteed Issue

Bwell86

Expert
Anyone have any experience with Gerber's Guaranteed Issue product for adults 50+? I've got a client who is probably going to be declined by Pru due to drug use in her medical history. Not sure what drugs, but I'm guessing meth.

I called Crump and they said Gerber should write it, but I am skeptical. I've never sold a guaranteed issue policy, but someone in my office said he had a case declined by Gerber.

Anyone have any experience with Gerber's Guaranteed Issue product for adults 50+? I've got a client who is probably going to be declined by Pru due to drug use in her medical history. Not sure what drugs, but I'm guessing meth.

I called Crump and they said Gerber should write it, but I am skeptical. I've never sold a guaranteed issue policy, but someone in my office said he had a case declined by Gerber.

Yea they will take it, so will kemper and great western. Ive never had a GI declined, thats why they call it Guarantee Issue, no health questions.

The only time they decline a case is when you try to reinstate a lapsed policy. That's the only time they do underwriting (which of course they'll fail). In that case just write a new app.

The only time they decline a case is when you try to reinstate a lapsed policy. That's the only time they do underwriting (which of course they'll fail). In that case just write a new app.

If someone is stupid enough to lapse a gi they dont deserve insurance. :)

Back