Geting Appointed

apesako

Expert
hey guys so I'm designing my business plan for new office space, but i have no idea how to get appointed with auto insurance companies. I do have experience (3 years) in the industry, but need help of getting appointed. How do i apply? Do i need to show them a business plan or something? Thanks

In the P&C world getting appointed is a challenge unless you have an existing book of business and experience. Most guys go with someone like Insurance Noodle, SIAA, or Smart Choice to get started.

Good luck, there are still a few who are willing to invest in a new guy...but just a few. My advice...have a well researched, well written marketing plan with goals and a timeline. This is your first real "sales" job.:1wink:

Well you need a well written 3-5 years business plan. You can start with sub standard carriers like progressive, foremost and a few others.

Once you have those companies you can try for the preferred writers.
It's a long process but will worth it once you hit 5 years in business.

I just contact them and ask for appointment? They will send a representative to me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just contact them and ask for appointment? They will send a representative to me?

I've had reps come out and meet me to do the appointment. I've had webforms I've simply filled out and became appointed. I've had companies I've tried to get in contact with and they ignore me. I've had companies I've talked to simply say they are not appointing in my area right now.

You need to go through the process, whatever the process is for the company you are working with. Again, if you say what part of California you are in, someone here probably knows the rep to help you get in contact with the right person.

Dan

K my first try i got turned down from life insurance company lafayet life insurance, i contacted their corporate office, they gave me the regional guy's number i talked to him, sent him an email and he turned me down due to no experience even though i have a year of experience in the field. WHAT DO I DO AT THIS STAGE?

There are hundreds of other carriers out there, for auto, home, life, etc,

search other agents in your area's websites, they will have the competitve carriers and then go after those

hey guys so I'm designing my business plan for new office space, but i have no idea how to get appointed with auto insurance companies. I do have experience (3 years) in the industry, but need help of getting appointed. How do i apply? Do i need to show them a business plan or something? Thanks

AgencyEquity now has a database of over 400 Insurance Carriers, we further link most of these carriers to their agency appointment page (if they have one). If you are only looking for auto carriers, you can type in the key word "auto" into the directory search engine along with you state and should should be able to pull up a number of carriers.

Back