Getting Appointed With Humana

Just got word my GA is no longer carrying Humana, just when I began seeking appointment with them. Does anyone know how I can get appointed with them in Florida, either through a GA, or direct?

I am a little confused why anyone would use a GA in individual health unless you are getting leads, advances, or some other arrangement. You can just go to Humana website and get the contract by calling them - unless I am not understanding some state variations.

Humana has a HUGE incentive right now in a lot of states including mine, if you went through a GA I am not sure how this would impact such incentive (bonus)

I am a little confused why anyone would use a GA in individual health unless you are getting leads, advances, or some other arrangement. You can just go to Humana website and get the contract by calling them - unless I am not understanding some state variations.

Humana has a HUGE incentive right now in a lot of states including mine, if you went through a GA I am not sure how this would impact such incentive (bonus)
I completely agree. Since I'm in California, I always make the assumption that Humana really is a senior carrier. My appointment includes the IFP in other states and my GA does not participate in commissions for that or anything else.

It would (of course) be helpful if people would post the type of product they are interested in selling with a particular carrier.

Rick

A good GA for Humana is Advocate Health, LLC. They are in Tampa and can help a lot with marketing for MA plans. I'm not sure what marketing help they can provide with group and individual underage health. If you are not looking for help with leads and marketing it's probably best to try to contract directly with Humana.

For individual and group (the Humana and Humana One products) go direct. They are absolutely fantastic to work with, and have slowly become my #1 for 2008.

They treat you like royalty, and follow up and service you better than anyone.

I've been an *** the last 2 yrs. They've been in my back pocket, through an FMO, and just recently, when I began selling their MA products, did I initiate a conversation about their major medical.

Just got word my GA is no longer carrying Humana, just when I began seeking appointment with them. Does anyone know how I can get appointed with them in Florida, either through a GA, or direct?

Jeff, I just saw your post. I know it's about two weeks old, so I hope you found the info you needed in a timely manner. I just sent you an EM with my contact's info in case you still needed it.

Best wishes!

Did they just lower their commission for Human One? Sales rep said it was lowered to 17% for 2008 from the usual 20%. Claimed agents preferred the higher renewals which is why it was done...LOL sure, sure.

Back