Getting Appointed With Humana

hmmm....acc to their sales rep..this affects GA, AL and MS. perhaps other states as they do other changes.

I am in Ga. I need to snoop around more. Thanks.

Yes, they did.

Doesn't matter to me. I expect to keep this block for a long time.

Just looked at my commission statement for 3/30 and it appears they are still paying 20%. Guess I shouldn't complain.

Yep, go direct. Just remember, that $80 a month is tough to swallow when you could pocket $720-$1200 with an advance for GR or Assurant. Of course, serve the best interest of your client first as they will be very loyal to you. :) I mean :O Is there a cynic in the house?

I am in Florida and am wondering whether or not to go direct with Aetna and GR. If not, what GA should I use in Florida for those companies?

And, how do I get appointed with BCBSF. I couldn't find an agent link. After reviewing this forum. Seems BCBS gives no real incentive to sell money-wise. If I can't go direct with BCBSF, who should I use to get appointed. Thanks.

I am a little confused why anyone would use a GA in individual health unless you are getting leads, advances, or some other arrangement. You can just go to Humana website and get the contract by calling them - unless I am not understanding some state variations.

Humana has a HUGE incentive right now in a lot of states including mine, if you went through a GA I am not sure how this would impact such incentive (bonus)

Thats the problem with this business. most people including myself were taken advantage of because the rules of engagement are foggy.
The Almighty GAs have no real power other than your assumption of their position. You can easily contact carriers and get appointed when you are a licensed agent.
GA/MGA ect sometimes give you more or less in commission depending on the arrangement ( leads/or no leads (your on your own)ect . Most importantly Make sure its in writing that you own your book of business (all of the policies you sell and the residuals) also include a provision about no contact from the general agent.
Some will have the nerve to make you buy your own leads. Then fold when charge backs start to come and hold your residual checks even when you pay them back! Next you will hear from your clients that they got a letter in the mail from your "Agency" saying they have let you go and will now be handling their coverage. In reality your client has no idea who they are and sees it as a fraudulent attempt at their business and calls you their agent who's name is the only familiar word in the letter from this said agency whom they have never heard of.
In the End It can Be a Nightmare!!!!!
GO DIRECT THROUGH the CARRIER AND AVOID THE MADNESS
You can survive if you work hard enough with the
several carriers who advance commissions
GO DIRECT !GO DIRECT !
trust me :bump:

Last edited:
Back