Getting Appointed??

MariIns

How can I get appointed with a few Insurance Carriers as a new agent with no book of business. Looking for Insurance companies that binds coverage online. Any suggestions? Please help

Do you have a license? You'll need one of those. How about any experience? Most carriers will want that. And do you have a physical location that isn't your basement? Most companies want you to have an agency location. E&O? Those are the basics. As far as online binding goes, many of the big guys offer it, but they are employing it as their direct to consumer model - not as much through agents. Although many offer E-Sign, which can greatly extend your geographic reach.

Yes, I'm licensed and have over 10 years experience both in the Standard and Non-Standard Market. I also have an E&O policy. I would like to capture the online and mobile market so really for now not interested in opening an agency. Which I think is going to hurt me. One company told me they are not interested in producers/agents who don't have a book a business (ouch). Thanks for your input. I truly appreciate it.

You'll be hard pressed to find a company willing to invest in your agency if you aren't willing to invest in it yourself by paying for a location. Go buy a little agency where the owner operator wants out. There are a bunch of places that offer financing for agency purchases.

Back