getting cash value

nfl72

Guru
1000 Post Club
Is it common practice for a company not to give me cash value on a policy that I was the writing agent? Just called SNL trying to save a deal and they refused to give me cash value without the client calling in. They claimed it was personal information that I didn't need to know.

Is it common practice for a company not to give me cash value on a policy that I was the writing agent? Just called SNL trying to save a deal and they refused to give me cash value without the client calling in. They claimed it was personal information that I didn't need to know.

Nah, it's not that unusual.

Interesting, never seen a company do that.

That said, sometimes SNL strikes me as a company looking for a fight. Who else has a huge non-solicit/non-compete clause when you log in?

I am well aware of how to get the number I just didn't want to get the client involved. He is already threatening to cancel. I just want to make things as easy as possible for him. I will wait until I meet with him and get it off the policy.

If the client has the policy, it is easily found.. Have you ever asked SNL for a table of non forfeiture values for their products?. If you have that, the next time you can calculate it yourself.

I am meeting with the guy on Tuesday and just wanted to have my ducks in a row when I got there. I waited for ten minutes to be told it was information they could not give me.

I wrote the policy. I am just trying to save the dam thing. You would think we would have a common goal and they would want to make my job easier not harder.

I am meeting with the guy on Tuesday and just wanted to have my ducks in a row when I got there. I waited for ten minutes to be told it was information they could not give me.

I wrote the policy. I am just trying to save the dam thing. You would think we would have a common goal and they would want to make my job easier not harder.
You ask too much of an insurance company.. Do things rationally... :nah:

Back