Getting Certified To Sell Medicare Advantage

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I had somebody tell me it was hard to get certified. From what I hear its open book so hard could it be. The only reason I'm even doing it because I'm tired of giving referrals to other agents. That being said I won't be marking it. So is it hard to get certified? Is their something I'm missing?

It's not hard, just tedious and time consuming every year.

It's just as they say. It's not hard, even following the guidelines to sell aren't hard. In-fact, it's pretty much handed to you. Just takes a little bit and it's a ton of reading.

I took about 3 days of reading and testing to do one certification.

I had somebody tell me it was hard to get certified. From what I hear its open book so hard could it be. The only reason I'm even doing it because I'm tired of giving referrals to other agents. That being said I won't be marking it. So is it hard to get certified? Is their something I'm missing?

Why go thru all that headache, much easier just to refer them to me & let me do it for you....done & done!

Its not hard at all. Just pass your AHIP and then each carrier typically asks you to do their own training course.

You will have to re-certify with the carriers each year so if you're not going to sell before AEP you may want to wait until the summer / fall to do the carrier certs so you won't have to retake them in a few months.

Just remember to follow the rules and laws when you start selling because CMS doesn't play!

My understanding is that it can be a lot to learn the first time. But then from one year to the next there is a lot of carry over information, so you only have to learn a little bit of new stuff in future.

My understanding is that it can be a lot to learn the first time. But then from one year to the next there is a lot of carry over information, so you only have to learn a little bit of new stuff in future.

Its actually not hard to learn. Print your test questions from each quiz they'll help in the end.

Hardest part is staying awake while going through it all. :D

Back