Getting declined due to having a Episiotomy!! Anyone heard of that?

I think that's the impression he got from the underwriter - that it was unnecessary. Or that the medical file showed that it was unnecessary... so you might as well sue.

Even then, why was the policy declined? It doesn't make sense, unless something went wrong, or there's some other reason.

Since nobody asked the OP. Did you see the letter for the decline? Did you talk to underwriting?

Chances are really good there is more to this than that one procedure. Underwriting probably won't tell you because you're not supposed to know. The client may not tell you because they don't want you to know.

There is more to this, the OP is just a mushroom. The OP needs to find out a little more before getting all pissed off. NYL underwriting is pretty tight but no something that's done on a regular basis usually isn't a reason for a decline. There's more

I have not heard of that, and yes...it stinks. The worst part is she has a decline on her records. But I agree with Ray... find another carrier...I'm sure many will take her no problem. Assuming there isn't other issues you aren't being told about. And btw, 447 in 3yrs...that's great work. My guess is most on here aren't coming anywhere close to that. Keep us posted on who you place her with.

I hate to be the one to break the news to you. It is sad but true that companies can insure who they want.

What is sad about a business decision?

There are specific products for those who are uninsurable by most standards. The products always carry a higher than average premium.

If you are suggesting carriers be required to insure all risks, regardless of condition, let me point out that is EXACTLY what Obamacare accomplished. How well did that work out?

Not being a smart ass. Just stating facts.

What is sad about a business decision?

There are specific products for those who are uninsurable by most standards. The products always carry a higher than average premium.

If you are suggesting carriers be required to insure all risks, regardless of condition, let me point out that is EXACTLY what Obamacare accomplished. How well did that work out?

Not being a smart ass. Just stating facts.
I agree with everything you just said Bob...except the smart ass comment. You ARE a smart ass. :yes:;)

Takes one to know one. :laugh:

Dear Willy, go to your managing partner and get Underwriting on the phone. Did they misread the application perhaps? Does NYL consider an Episiotomy to be surgery? Was it declined because the customer answered NO about medical procedures? Reminds me of the customer turned down for LTC because a nurse wrote that He said He couldn't remember what he had for breakfast. His answer had more to do with what might be causing his stomach to be upset, as in "I don't know what I had"

Why don't you call Joe Colangelo in New York?
He is the head underwriter.
Tell him that the case is very important to you and the declination seems very harsh based on the procedure she had, then add am I missing something?

Reactions: DHK
Scratching my head too and not just about the fast escalation. I have squeezed out 5 big headed youngins myself and have several policies in place. Most of my clients are moms like me so I assume plenty of rips and tears along the way. And what about csections moms or full front to back tears? I have many clients that fall into both categories. I agree there is more to it. And I love DHK, definitely my life insurance spirit animal.

And I love DHK, definitely my life insurance spirit animal.

Thank you for the kind words! My favorite compliment!

I'd think of myself as a koala. Cute and cuddly... but sharp claws! ;)

FoK-Koala-Facts-FoK-Fact-25.jpg

Back