Getting declined due to having a Episiotomy!! Anyone heard of that?

I have not heard of that, and yes...it stinks. The worst part is she has a decline on her records. But I agree with Ray... find another carrier...I'm sure many will take her no problem. Assuming there isn't other issues you aren't being told about. And btw, 447 in 3yrs...that's great work. My guess is most on here aren't coming anywhere close to that. Keep us posted on who you place her with.

I thought people always told us their issues and never left anything out, boy am I nieve. I definitely think something else is going on with her.

That's EXACTLY why it was denied do to her having a Episiotomy. Found out this morning. Misty there is nothing more. I love how you try to assume i'm leaving something out. All those tears and c-sections are completely different than having a Episiotomy. Due some diligence before trying to look all cool in front of your new piers That's whats so damn funny to me. "Hey lets post a Wikipedia article stating its one of the most performed procedures in the world." Again I would walk out if any professional tried to quote an article from Wiki.

Due some diligence before trying to look all cool in front of your new piers That's whats so damn funny to me. "Hey lets post a Wikipedia article stating its one of the most performed procedures in the world." Again I would walk out if any professional tried to quote an article from Wiki.

Wow. That chip on your shoulder sure sounds like a chronic condition of wood higher up.

This is not academia. But whatever. Good luck to you and your client.

Hey lets post a Wikipedia article stating its one of the most performed procedures in the world."

Still waiting on a response to WHY an episiotomy is more dangerous now than 40 years ago.

Please don't post any Wiki or HuffPo links.

Look it up. I'm sure as hell not going to do it for you. I got the answer i needed. I'm on to the next.

That's EXACTLY why it was denied do to her having a Episiotomy. Found out this morning. Misty there is nothing more. I love how you try to assume i'm leaving something out. All those tears and c-sections are completely different than having a Episiotomy. Due some diligence before trying to look all cool in front of your new piers That's whats so damn funny to me. "Hey lets post a Wikipedia article stating its one of the most performed procedures in the world." Again I would walk out if any professional tried to quote an article from Wiki.

Then if that is the only reason, we can stop saying, "NYLs the company you keep" and change it to "It's the company that is just plain stupid!"

I don’t think anyone here thinks you are leaving something out and believe me I know your frustration. There may be something else that you don’t know about causing the decline, I know that has happened to me several times over the years. Just last month I had a lady declined for a medicare supplement after she answered no to all the medical questions. I call her and tell we need to try another company then all of the sudden she remembers she is in kidney failure. Just go out at write it with another company.

Reactions: DHK
OK, here are the risks according to Mayo Clinic:

"Episiotomy risks

Episiotomy recovery is uncomfortable, and sometimes the surgical incision is more extensive than a natural tear would have been. Infection is possible. For some women, an episiotomy causes pain during sex in the months after delivery.

A midline episiotomy puts you at risk of fourth-degree vaginal tearing, which extends through the anal sphincter and into the mucous membrane that lines the rectum. Fecal incontinence is a possible complication."

(from the post :Episiotomy: When it's needed, when it's not)

Looking at the risks cited (similarly worded on Johns Hopkins and HealthLine sites), I'm still confused as to why this procedure in and of itself would cause an underwriting problem for life insurance. Did she have complications from it, like sepsis maybe? Has she not fully recovered? Did you get any further explanation from your underwriter?

Back