Getting declined due to having a Episiotomy!! Anyone heard of that?

Wiki is not accepted by the OP.

Please try again.

You get extra points for using Mayo vs Wiki, but you did not explain why the risks are greater now vs 40 years ago
I wasn't attempting to answer that. I posted the quote more as a question to @Willyc the reason why this relatively low risk procedure was deemed an uninsurable risk by his underwriter. I didn't see anything in the three or four articles I looked at that would indicate that it's more dangerous now vs. then. But all of them seem to agree that it's no longer considered necessary in most cases, and not worth the risks.

funny we know nothing of families history. I knew a lady couldn't get insured because 3 generations of her family died from cancer. The carrier wanted to issue as a table 3. She refused and went elsewhere. Guess what she died within 2 years of cancer.
Tony snow (fox pundit) went for checkup. (He was high school buddy of family) He got a clean bill of health. 6 months later he died of colon cancer.

*I* think the decision is nonsense too. To me it doesn't make sense. I think there's something else going on that the OP doesn't yet know, or the applicant declined to tell him.

He wants his client to sue the medical office/hospital for a procedure that appeared to be unwarranted and unnecessary for her being unable to get coverage. That's a malpractice lawsuit, not a class action lawsuit. Even then, it's a normal procedure. It doesn't make sense. There's got to be something else.

But oh well. It's up to the agent now.

If the OP is still here, can you confirm who told you about the decline? Was it underwriting or the applicant? Did it only say the one condition or multiple conditions?

I put a decade in with NYL and understand they are tight UW. But you could call and talk a bit to get an idea of the entire situation.

I can't tell if you said this was the only thing and how you confirmed this was the only thing? I don't think it is, but How did you find out? and how did you confirm?

I put a decade in with NYL and understand they are tight UW. But you could call and talk a bit to get an idea of the entire situation.

but did you ever write almost 500 life apps in a 3 year period with NYL. My guess is that kind of production will get you some positive recognition from the marketing/sales division, but it likely also gets you a full time person assigned to scrutinize your cases from the UW division.

ha--that is why I suggested it. wanted to take some pressure off DHK. don't want his 1.5 star ratings to suffer any further:D

If those are "Michelin Stars"... I'll take 'em!

What Those Michelin Star Restaurant Ratings Really Mean

• One star: A good place to stop on your journey, indicating a very good restaurant in its category, offering cuisine prepared to a consistently high standard.
  • Two stars: A restaurant worth a detour, indicating excellent cuisine and skillfully and carefully crafted dishes of outstanding quality
  • Three stars: A restaurant worth a special journey, indicating exceptional cuisine where diners eat extremely well, often superbly. Distinctive dishes are precisely executed, using superlative ingredients.

but did you ever write almost 500 life apps in a 3 year period with NYL. My guess is that kind of production will get you some positive recognition from the marketing/sales division, but it likely also gets you a full time person assigned to scrutinize your cases from the UW division.

Actually the only guy I know of that did, was in my first year and they put him away for 20 years in prison. Seems like insuring dead people is against company policy. That guy wrote a similar amount all by himself and if you did the math on the time that would take, it was something like 27 hours a day.

They grabbed off the plane to Paris for the world conference of the MDRT. Not much was public about it, but NYL made damn sure the agents knew and they had no problem putting a guy with 3 small children under 5 in prison for 20 years. They told us they would do the same to us if we decided to write dead people.

Latest posts

Back