Getting into a rhythm...ready for the next step

MustangGT2000

Hello!

I am back. I posted earlier this year a former WFG rep here. I learned how to recruit very well but never learned the business. Right same broken story we all here. =) I recently joined a company offering supplemental insurance to businesses. I am doing pretty well. I am selling their over priced whole life and term insurance. Many employees will ask me if I sell insurance on the side every week. I know I am missing a golden opportunity here. I still feel like a rookie selling life insurance products and need to continue to learn. I've been told to join Bankers Life. They provide great training and split the commission. I guess I do not feel ready to go solo on my own just yet. I am a pretty confident individual but there is something that is holding me back going solo. I still need the support available but I need to eventually take off my training wheels. I've searched the internet but the information is overwhelming.

I ask the veterans here. How should I proceed next? I know a loaded questions here. =)

Jerry

Hello!

I am back. I posted earlier this year a former WFG rep here. I learned how to recruit very well but never learned the business. Right same broken story we all here. =) I recently joined a company offering supplemental insurance to businesses. I am doing pretty well. I am selling their over priced whole life and term insurance. Many employees will ask me if I sell insurance on the side every week. I know I am missing a golden opportunity here. I still feel like a rookie selling life insurance products and need to continue to learn. I've been told to join Bankers Life. They provide great training and split the commission. I guess I do not feel ready to go solo on my own just yet. I am a pretty confident individual but there is something that is holding me back going solo. I still need the support available but I need to eventually take off my training wheels. I've searched the internet but the information is overwhelming.

I ask the veterans here. How should I proceed next? I know a loaded questions here. =)

Jerry
If you've searched the internet, then you should know that going with Bankers wouldn't be a great idea. :)

Going solo I'm this industry does not mean going at it alone. There are really amazing agents that will give you support and advice free of charge on this forum (even if you don't always agree with them on other stuff ;))

There are really great imo's that will offer you help every step of the way. Depending on what you're selling, you have some options.

Don't be afraid to go off on your own because you think you'll have a lack of support. Find a great imo's to work with and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
What kinda company you selling for ?

(are they direct carriers or brokers)?

What's their business plan...and why do you want to change?

Do Not Go To Bankers. Find an IMO and a manager that is local in your area that is willing to train you. As for products, you need to learn on your own as well. Once you find the office you want to work in, there should be plenty of webinars from Insurance Companies to watch and learn about each companies products.

Go to Amazon and buy some books. There are many books on Marketing, Sales, and Insurance Career. Read them.

What kinda company you selling for ?

(are they direct carriers or brokers)?

What's their business plan...and why do you want to change?

I am mainly selling supplemental insurance to businesses. Thanks for the all replies! A lot of my local friends are either with WFG or Bankers. I need a new set of insurance friends. :)

If you're ready for a challenge, there's no reason to not go independent. If you lack discipline, you're going to have problems. Having said that, if you lack discipline it's going to get you sooner or later no matter where you're selling. You're initial enthusiasm should get you through the first year. By then you should be good enough to start training agents and building an agency. You need to sell products with renewals!!!

Back