Getting "Lead" Lists?

Success

Expert
ohio
I am going to buy a list to start cold calling for Med Supps. When you guys order lists, how do you select the zip codes you order the lists for? I have a zip-code map for Ohio, but do not know what zip codes I should choose for my 1st order. Should I start with the zip-codes closest to me?

Also, if you have the numbers, do you call them once, then discard them (if nobody answers). Or do you keep them and "recycle" them?

Another question...
Do you normally include zip-codes that are not assigned to a specific geographical location (such as a P.O. box). There are there are many zip-codes that are not directly tied to a geographical location...

Long story short, I am buying a list for my first time, and want to know how you guys select the zip codes in which you order...

I will be using leadconcepts.com, what are some other recommended sources?

I will be using leadconcepts.com, what are some other recommended sources?

Check out the offers section and you may be able to find a better deal on data.

You'll always going to want to call back more than once, but make sure you scrub it against the DNC registry every 30 days to avoid any hefty fines.

"I am going to buy a list to start cold calling for Med Supps. When you guys order lists, how do you select the zip codes you order the lists for?"
================================================
WARNING THIS POST NOT PC!
If your looking for somebody to say the blatantly obvious I will accept the mission..........Large cities have large black and mexican areas laced with white people who are either trash or lunatics..........dont order any leads from those areas no matter how much money they make!....All other zip codes should be Ok to work....I am sorry

When I'm selecting zip codes for a data list, I use ZipWho.com - Free ZIP Code Demographics to figure out the ideal ones for me. You can use that service to make sure the zip codes you're dialing have the highest concentrations of the demographics you want. It's totally free, and, if you're a sociology/statistics nerd like me, kinda fun to play with.

You've got to do a little research before you select your areas. I believe I chose some good areas when I looked at specific criteria.

Thanks for the replies. And yes that was the blatently obvious. I will not be marketing in the city's at all until June 1st...

Thanks for the replies. And yes that was the blatently obvious. I will not be marketing in the city's at all until June 1st...

Right now, rural, small town America will be the most productive place to market Med Supps. I have found the people much more receptive and a lot nicer to deal with. It is also an excellent learning ground for new agents. For the most part the appointment will be more relaxed, this will be a better environment for the new agent to hone his/her presentation and build their confidence.

I have found that in Missouri it really doesn't matter which zip codes I work as long as they are outside of the service areas of HMO's in St. Louis or Kansas City.

I believe June 1, 2010 is going to be too early to begin marketing in the cities. The people with MA plans will not be able to get out of them until December 31. My marketing thrust in the St. Louis and KC areas will begin taking shape toward the end of September. Beginning Oct 1 I will be able to write a Med Supp and set the effective date Jan 1, 2011.

Yes, I know there are companies that will accept an app with the effective date six months in advance of the application date but very few seniors will make that kind of commitment that early. If you start in June you are going to get too many people who want to think about it and want you to call them back later. I have found that to pretty much be a waste of my time.

Latest posts

Back