Getting my license soon and maybe joining with Allstate. Advice?

Sodapopp

Expert
Hi all,

New to the forum. I am currently studying to get my license and will take it in the next few weeks. I got messaged about an opportunity with Allstate with their Military/Veteran Program. I have been interested in insurance for years now finally doing it. How has new agents and old experience been with Allstate? Have you been through the Military/Veteran Program? What advice can you give working for Allstate besides work hard? Thanks for any helpful advice

Research and read all of the posts on here about Allstate. I think you will find that the majority think it is an opportunity to avoid.

I am sure there are other people on here that can give good advice on where best to start. I think working for a State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers is the way to go to start. Really I think the main thing is that you learn on someone else's dime. Then, once you understand the business, and where (and if) you want to go within the industry, THEN you can go off and invest in starting an agency, or what have you.

I would recommend an independent agent. You may even be able to work out a deal that when you leave your book goes with you... I agree to start without a foundation I'd give you less than 1% chance... even with a head start maybe 50/50 last 5 years. Choose your launch pad wisely.

I would recommend an independent agent. You may even be able to work out a deal that when you leave your book goes with you... I agree to start without a foundation I'd give you less than 1% chance... even with a head start maybe 50/50 last 5 years. Choose your launch pad wisely.

I’m trying to choose wisely. That’s why I’m asking for help and advice.

To be clear... my comment was in a general sense... I think you posting this discussion for comments is a brilliant and wise way to get a broad set of opinions. This is all part of the wisely part. Any way you choose, I wish you all the best.

Once upon a Time, I was a captive agent. I had to make a clean break and even that was costly $$$. But now I am an Independent Agency and making more now than I ever did with being captive.

Find an Independent Broker who will train you and give you more money without the stress. I found one who let me have my own office and run it the way I want to. NO quotas, no stress in getting enough life sales etc. MORE $$$.

Independent is the best way. If I could go back and start over......INDEPENDENT IS THE BEST WAY.

And I live happily ever after!

Latest posts

Back