Getting organized?

NHB_MMA

Guru
100+ Post Club
What methods, devices, software, systems, etc. do you guys use to keep organized and keep on top of things?

My place is a mess with papers on every plan, rider, marketing piece, etc. littered everywhere, so it seems. I am having a tough time remembering to call some people back (usually they're not great prospects and I kind of shift them to the rear of the priority list) and follow up in a timely manner. I'm forgetting to get illustrations and quotes printed off. You name it and it's bogging me down. Any suggestions?

Great suggestion

Hey, I have an idea . . .I also was confused, but then I got YIO (Frank's Insurance Agent's office program) and have found it to be very helpful. It has fun stuff like birthday reports & annualized premium reports that other contact management programs don't have . . . . .

All you have to do is call Frank at 877-633-0808 and he can give you an overview. He provides free technical support . . . .:idea:

Oh by the way, Frank knows I have a picture of him with a monkey . . . .:twitchy:

What methods, devices, software, systems, etc. do you guys use to keep organized and keep on top of things?

My place is a mess with papers on every plan, rider, marketing piece, etc. littered everywhere, so it seems. I am having a tough time remembering to call some people back (usually they're not great prospects and I kind of shift them to the rear of the priority list) and follow up in a timely manner. I'm forgetting to get illustrations and quotes printed off. You name it and it's bogging me down. Any suggestions?

You are going through something I experienced my first month going indy. It made me go absolutely crazy. Luckily for me, I came up with a system that works well.

1) I have my wall of health, wall of goals, wall of motivation and wall of scripts.

The wall of health has all the plans that are available in MD side by side. This helped me to memorize things without having to open up a file on my computer everytime I needed to prove that I know the products. Can't remember how much prescription coverage is offered by Carefirst, I simply walk over and go aha, there it is. I am in the process of putting together a sheet listing a range of quotes from people based on ages w/ various carriers for my own record.

Wall of goals has a list of my weekly goals. I keep tracking of my goals on a daily and monthly basis via a spreadsheet, although I am in the process of getting things down to the hour. I also keep track of appts./deals/pending, etc. on the wall of goals.

The wall of motivation is where I put down ideas that I want to try out, marketing strategies, changes to scripts, telemarketing, etc. I am going to put a picture up of Alf to cheer me up throughout the day :)

2) I took all the crap that each insurance company sent me and went out and bought some cheap containers to store everything (e.g., flyers, brochures, plan guide, etc.). I only e-mail out information now, so I really do not have a use for many brochures yet.

3) I use ACT to keep track of every client and potential client that I have w/ fields for what part of the process they are in (prospective client, client, dead, go to hell :) etc.)

4) Buy yourself one of those "that was easy" buttons from Staples. Best $5 I ever spent. I must pound the $#$#ing thing at least 30 times a day.

You may also want to take a look at "Your Insurance Office" (YIO).

I originally developed the program in 1995 so it has been around for a long time. As opposed to ACT, YIO is specifically designed for L&H agents.

You can download a full-working demo from my website.

Support is toll-free and unlimited. If you have any questions please give me a call.

I use a database program called Inscomm which is designed for insurance agents. Been using it for about ten years-it's great. The nicest feature is the ability to scan pages into each client file. I scan apps, copies of correspondence, faxes, etc. Of course I have all their policy info by type of business, company, effective date, etc. too. I can't imagine being an agent today without a data base program.
-Bill

I want to add to the other few agents' comments about Frank's program. I too was going nuts like you NHB. I have milk crates, filing cabinets, my own data base, I was writing on leads, writing on post its, just writing anywhere and before I knew it, things got out of control and very disorganized. I could not keep up.
Damn, it got so bad where even if I found what I was looking for, I coud not even read my own handwriting at times. Pretty bad. But one day, I said, heck, what do I have to lose to download a demo that is free to try and secondly, that so many endorse? So I did.

The result you may ask?

WOW! Let me just say I am soooooooooooooooo much more organized!
NHB, this program WILL NOT let you forget to call follow ups, run your illustrations, and do those contacts so you can truly be productive! It also has many other fields to help track your business, cool ways to stay 'in your clients' faces,' and build an agency, should you desire.
It's so hard to remember and prioritize because we make so many contacts. But the system does this for you. It's very easy friendly to use, and if I can learn this, anybody can! I promise. With one press of a button, you can quickly and succinctly view who you have to follow up and what you have to do! It's so cool. I am so tickled by how organized I am getting. And that's AN ACHEIVEMENT FOR ME!

Frank also gives tech. support should you need that. Not many other companies do what he gives especially at this valued investment and yes, this is a solid investment to your clients, and mostly yourself.

I know this will help you.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take more time to look at them this evening. I'm off to meet a client. Hope I can keep my stuff together till then.

:smile:

NHB,

I had not seen inscomm before so I went to their website, www.inscomm.com . Their website doesn't have a lot of detailed information about the program itself. It sounds like it is more investment oriented than insurance oriented. So to find out more I called them. This is what I was told.

The cost of the basic program is $695.00 for the first year. That includes support. To add the scanning module is an additional $300.00. However the guy said that if you add additional modules at the time of purchase there is a discount.

Each twelve months the program will lock preventing the user from entering new data. The old data will still be available to look at but it does not allow the user to make any changes. In the eleventh month you can pay a $195.00 renewal fee and they will send you a licensing file that you download and that will give you an additional twelve months of use as well as support. There is an additional charge to put the program on more than one computer and additional licensing fees for the computers as well as the scanning module.

You must call them and request a demo. The demo is free but not available on their website, it must be ordered.

Without more information on their website it is difficult to see what the program actually does and how "insurance friendly" it is. I tried to have him explain it to me but it is very difficult to try to tell someone over the phone what a computer program is like. If you think this may be a better option for you than YIO I suggest that you order the demo and give it a "test drive".

Just thought this might help you out.

Back