Getting referrals

Thanks for the info Frank. Besides the birthday letter and newsletter that is sent out once a year what is the focus of the other two letters you send out to stay in contact?

One is an "anniversary letter". Their anniversary with me as a policy holder. I start it out with:

"Congratulations, you are about to celebrate your first (or second, third, tenth, etc) year as a member of our insurance family. The policy you have, in my opinion, is still the one that best suits your needs. If that ever changes I will give you a call so we can discuss other options..."

That alone has been responsible for dramatically increasing my persistency.

The other one will have information about insurance. If something new and exciting in the way of insurance comes along then I will send a fifth letter. Like zero premium life insurance. LOL

Selling the policy is only the first step. If an agent wants the client to keep the policy then he/she must stay in contact with them. Both selling the policy and getting the client to keep the policy are work. One will only make the "big bucks" by constantly "working at it".

It is a whole lot easier to work a little to keep a client than it is to go out and work your ass off to find a new one. At least for me anyway.

For the record, I was responding to an email by a new agent. It seems sad that people can't do anything positive without being made out to be a shark. If I was only here to harvest, I could have found all of you and started calling. I didn't, I was trying to do something positive. The only people I gave anything further to are the people who asked for it. I'm sorry if I somehow offended anyone. ~K

For the record, I was responding to an email by a new agent. It seems sad that people can't do anything positive without being made out to be a shark. If I was only here to harvest, I could have found all of you and started calling. I didn't, I was trying to do something positive. The only people I gave anything further to are the people who asked for it. I'm sorry if I somehow offended anyone. ~K

I don't think you offended anyone, don't sweat it. Most are here to discussed and yes debate (sometimes in a confrontational way, most people that believe in what they do hold strong view points) but in the end take it for what it is worth. Does it fit what you do and what you do does it fit what I do? Outside of that I'm really not interested in the secret "Great idea of today that didn't exist yesterday", or the secret that will take me to the top of the mountain. I find those offers to be less then even interesting or worth the cost of taking up the space it takes up.

Ps, some days I fall flat on my face, other days I'm riding high but everyday my wife tells me to take out the trash. Can't win for losing with her!

Last edited:
Not really too worried about it. I guess I'm like everyone else in that I don't like being stereotyped or pidgeon-holed. I figure it's best to let someone show me what they're all about before I decide anything. As to being confrontational, heck, I'm from New York originally so I'm tough : )
K

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics...This is the meaning of Success."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not really too worried about it. I guess I'm like everyone else in that I don't like being stereotyped or pidgeon-holed. I figure it's best to let someone show me what they're all about before I decide anything. As to being confrontational, heck, I'm from New York originally so I'm tough : )
K

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics...This is the meaning of Success."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another Damn Yankee!:D

If my comments offended you and your only intent was to be helpful, I apologize. I will look forward to other helpful information that you bring to the board.

yeah, but I got the best of both worlds, 1/2 a childhood in the north and 1/2 in the south, so I can now be obnoxious with a twang ....:spinny:

yeah, but I got the best of both worlds, 1/2 a childhood in the north and 1/2 in the south, so I can now be obnoxious with a twang ....:spinny:

Okay, I hear ya, just as long as your twang isn't used to say "You Guys". I just love that expression, and they make fun of us below the Mason Dixie Line. Okay, originally from Jersey but don't tell no one, okay?

Latest posts

Back