Getting Screwed by AHCP

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I'm having extreme problems with AHCP's accounting of GR business that I've done. I haven't been "active" for almost 2 years with GR or AHCP. My contract has a whopping 1% renewal and my advances are at 1.25% interest....making me trapped eventhough 90% of my business has been on books for 3 years.
What's crazy is my YTD totals are not being applied to "beginning" balance, which makes no accounting sense since YTD totals are what is "earned."
So, they're not only saying that I owe them money, but they are also taking the 5% renewals or more and sticking me with a interest rate that is more than my renewals....

Just to make sure I don't get any replies that says
"you're only made because you wrote bad business".....about 90% of the business that I wrote is still on books for 3 years I've been appointed with AHCP.....

You're only mad because you went through AHCP. (Sorry, it had to be said).

I feel for you. I fortunately only wrote a handful of plans through them with Aetna before I realized it was not to my benefit. I know of other agents who received a 5 month advance then go 18 months for any renewals.

Rick

Call your area Golden Rule rep and tell them you want to go direct if they'll allow it. Mine offered me 22% and all I had to do was ask. I doubt AHCP is offering better than that.

I wish it was that easy...AHCP is not releasing me because of this "supposed" debit balance that they can't even explain to me....

I'm not mad because I went through AHCP. I'm mad that most of my business is still on books and I'm not getting paid on any of it....

Here they are holding at least a 25% commission rate, and they're giving me a whopping 15% and 1% renewal rate.....and they're renewal rate is at least 5% or more....

Either way you look at it....it's a wicked thing that a company would do something like this....especially when it looks like they owe me money
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
They won't release me....so I can't go direct at all... (they say I "owe" them....but won't tell me how...and this is after they've robbed me on commissions and renewals)

They really are wicked when it comes to this type of issue.

Last edited:
I wish it was that easy...AHCP is not releasing me because of this "supposed" debit balance that they can't even explain to me....

I'm not mad because I went through AHCP. I'm mad that most of my business is still on books and I'm not getting paid on any of it....

Here they are holding at least a 25% commission rate, and they're giving me a whopping 15% and 1% renewal rate.....and they're renewal rate is at least 5% or more....

Either way you look at it....it's a wicked thing that a company would do something like this....especially when it looks like they owe me money
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
They won't release me....so I can't go direct at all... (they say I "owe" them....but won't tell me how...and this is after they've robbed me on commissions and renewals)

They really are wicked when it comes to this type of issue.

How much do they say you owe? I know it may not be right but if its small enough and then lets you move your contracts it may be worthwhile to pay it off....Sorry to hear about your problem....Its one of the reasons I have always been a little leary of Advances....but then again I've been screwed on as earned contracts as well.

I would not recommend having a "debt account" to receive advances. I think it's a bad move. If you're looking for advances there are MGAs that will advance without a debt account.

Hi Gang,

We have a DIRECT contract with Golden Rule that pays the same or BETTER commissions and has NO production requirements. That's the key... Golden Rule will knock you down to 15% if you don’t consistently hit your quota.

Our brokers are exempt from any quotas and are still paid DIRECTLY by Golden Rule...

Call or email me... [email protected]

Regardless of the AHCP advance/debit balance system and the strengths and weaknesses of it, the commission levels that are paid are completely determined by the Division President that you are contracted under. If you are receiving a 1% renewal, that rate was determined when you contracted and is between you and the Division President, it's not fair to bash AHCP for the commission level when that is not something that they controlled when you contracted. It’s the same as blaming Assurant or Golden Rule because your GA is only paying you 15% commission, low renewals and not providing service, etc…

I would take your issue up with your Division President and ask them for the release if you are not satisfied . AHCP does not contract any agents directly, they all go through a Division President as do any release requests.

At Health Choice One, we pay agents top first year and renewal commissions. We provide daily product & sales training, ongoing phone support and back office underwriting services. Call Scott to learn more about HCO’s agent contracts.

I would take your issue up with your Division President and ask them for the release if you are not satisfied . AHCP does not contract any agents directly, they all go through a Division President as do any release requests.

At Health Choice One, we pay agents top first year and renewal commissions. We provide daily product & sales training, ongoing phone support and back office underwriting services. Call Scott to learn more about HCO’s agent contracts.[/quote]

We ALL know what's going to happen with that. :nah:

Back