Getting Sick of FE.....

On the subject of Med supps, I am a fairly new independent agent in central IL after being captive for almost 10 years . Can anyone recommend a good (reliable, proficient, productive, etc) direct mailing vendor for med supp leads?

Thanks!

On the subject of Med supps, I am a fairly new independent agent in central IL after being captive for almost 10 years . Can anyone recommend a good (reliable, proficient, productive, etc) direct mailing vendor for med supp leads?

Thanks!

I'm sure Chris at leadconnections will do it.

I know Equita has a set price mailer for Med Supp's. I don't remember the price it may be around 22 or $24. You could reach out to Chase or Peter for more details.

Text me at the number below and I can get you their info.

There is no doubt that final expense is a grind. Well we all know Medicare has better renewals and is good for long-term income streams, it is going to be difficult to pay your bills starting off with just Medicare.

Final expense allows you to make it good to great income. Now I don't mind the grind, because I can't imagine sitting on the phone trying to sell Medicare all day long.

With that said, I would jump through all the hoops to sell Medicare advantage and I can already see how beneficial that's going to be. I'm able to sell or AOR 2 to 3 advantage plans a week working the same file expense leads that I was already working.

If that stays consistent, then that will add $20-$30,000 and renewals a year. So now I get the benefits of the Medicare renewal income without the loss of the upfront big commissions from final expense.

Seems like a win-win to me.

"I would jump through all the hoops to sell Medicare advantage and I can already see how beneficial that's going to be.."

Why aren't you doing that now?

Well, I'm going to go in a different direction, what's new??:1rolleyes:

I don't get that FE is a "grind". In fact, just the opposite. Nor do I agree that med sups are easier or more profitable.

Sure, some agents kill it with med sups. I know a few that have done really well. But I personally know dozens of FE agents doing very well. And know of 100's more.

I saw there's a guy that posted in the senior forum that he has now 1000 med ups on the books. I agree that's fantastic and good on him!! But it's noteworthy enough when one has that many to make a thread about it. Must be rare air?

Back to the "grind" of FE. Have any of the people calling it that ever had a job that was a real grind? I have. I built tires for 18 years. Hot, heavy, back breaking work. Most of those 18 years we were on a 6 day schedule.

You want to grind? Take your butt into a tire factory tell them you want to be a tire builder. You will most likely get hired as it's a job most don't want.

I love my job today. I'm in the field 2 days a week and I make 5 times as much as I ever made in my best year in the factory. And that was working 6 days a week. I don't look down on my clients. Some of them are in a bad way but there for the grace of God go I.

Most have just made bad money decisions all their life but they want that financial burden to shift to their family and I'm there to solve that problem.

I enjoy my field days and getting to meet people from different walks. I got to meet a 95 year old lady today, {she was the mother of my prospect}. If I can make it to 95 I sure hope I'm in that kind of shape. And she came up hard. Told stories about how if they didn't raise it or grow it, they didn't eat.

As for renewals, I have a pretty good renewal base. I don't know exactly because it all goes into one account and I don't spend a second separating and tracking first year vs renewal commissions.

I make my own schedule. I don't have to ask anyone for days off. Try doing that at a real job.

We do pretty much what we want. I've always wanted to see the All American Quarter Horse Race in Ruidoso, NM on Labor Day being a quarter horse guy and my horses that I showed were all off the track quarter horses. So we decided to go this year. Booked a room, flights and a rental car and will be there this Labor day weekend.

I get to go on company paid vacations. We've been to Maui, DR, Puerto Rico, Cancun, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Costa Rica, etc. on the insurance company dimes. Going on a cruise here in about 6 weeks.

I don't get when someone says they got, or get, into this to help people. If you want to help people go volunteer down at the local hospital or salvation army. This is about making a living. Helping people is an added bonus to what we do. And I'm a union guy and advocate. I love helping people. It's wonderful that what I do for a living also helps people. But that's not why I do this.

I can see where this would be a "grind" if you are out there hitting it 5 and 6 days a week. And why a person would get burned out fairly quickly doing that. That's not to mentions sitting in a cubicle all day, every day on the phone truing to do this. Give me tire building any day over that.:yes:

I'm also at a point that I don't need many leads. But I never did need a huge amount of leads. I got 20 per week for bout 6 months in 2009. That's the largest lead order I've ever had in my career. When I was in MP I got 10 leads per week.

For my FE career it's always been 15 per week except for that 6 month stretch I mentioned.

I only want 10 now but there's some admin issues with that so I'm back to 15.

If what I'm describing is a "grind" then I'll grind from here on out.:yes:

"I would jump through all the hoops to sell Medicare advantage and I can already see how beneficial that's going to be.."

Why aren't you doing that now?

I am. Siri doesn't have a good grasp on the English language.

Hello,

Been a while since I've posted. Anyways... FE has been financially fruitful for me. I'm just getting sick of the people, the smoke, the driving, the smells, etc.... Anything out there to transition to, from FE, that is just as financially beneficial and with the same amount of freedom?
. Just to clairify I meet some fantastic people - and I love helping all of my clients - but there are just some parts of this business that is ... well, it is what it is.

First of all, some FE cos. Pay decent rentals. If you write the same amount of premium in FE as you do in Med Support, you will make more with FE. The renewal argument is somewhat bogus. You get approximately 5-6 times the first year commission with FE so if you want renewals, put it in the bank and pay it out to yourself over 6 years.. Now, you not only have the same income as the med supp but you have the investment income and the FE renewal income on top of it.

Do you write as much premium in Med Supps as you do FE?

I don't get that FE is a "grind". In fact, just the opposite. Nor do I agree that med sups are easier or more profitable.

Sure, some agents kill it with med sups. I know a few that have done really well. But I personally know dozens of FE agents doing very well. And know of 100's more.

I saw there's a guy that posted in the senior forum that he has now 1000 med ups on the books. I agree that's fantastic and good on him!! But it's noteworthy enough when one has that many to make a thread about it. Must be rare air?

Back to the "grind" of FE. Have any of the people calling it that ever had a job that was a real grind? I have. I built tires for 18 years. Hot, heavy, back breaking work. Most of those 18 years we were on a 6 day schedule.

You want to grind? Take your butt into a tire factory tell them you want to be a tire builder. You will most likely get hired as it's a job most don't want.

I love my job today. I'm in the field 2 days a week and I make 5 times as much as I ever made in my best year in the factory. And that was working 6 days a week. I don't look down on my clients. Some of them are in a bad way but there for the grace of God go I.

Most have just made bad money decisions all their life but they want that financial burden to shift to their family and I'm there to solve that problem.

I enjoy my field days and getting to meet people from different walks. I got to meet a 95 year old lady today, {she was the mother of my prospect}. If I can make it to 95 I sure hope I'm in that kind of shape. And she came up hard. Told stories about how if they didn't raise it or grow it, they didn't eat.

As for renewals, I have a pretty good renewal base. I don't know exactly because it all goes into one account and I don't spend a second separating and tracking first year vs renewal commissions.

I make my own schedule. I don't have to ask anyone for days off. Try doing that at a real job.

We do pretty much what we want. I've always wanted to see the All American Quarter Horse Race in Ruidoso, NM on Labor Day being a quarter horse guy and my horses that I showed were all off the track quarter horses. So we decided to go this year. Booked a room, flights and a rental car and will be there this Labor day weekend.

I get to go on company paid vacations. We've been to Maui, DR, Puerto Rico, Cancun, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Costa Rica, etc. on the insurance company dimes. Going on a cruise here in about 6 weeks.

I don't get when someone says they got, or get, into this to help people. If you want to help people go volunteer down at the local hospital or salvation army. This is about making a living. Helping people is an added bonus to what we do. And I'm a union guy and advocate. I love helping people. It's wonderful that what I do for a living also helps people. But that's not why I do this.

I can see where this would be a "grind" if you are out there hitting it 5 and 6 days a week. And why a person would get burned out fairly quickly doing that. That's not to mentions sitting in a cubicle all day, every day on the phone truing to do this. Give me tire building any day over that.:yes:

I'm also at a point that I don't need many leads. But I never did need a huge amount of leads. I got 20 per week for bout 6 months in 2009. That's the largest lead order I've ever had in my career. When I was in MP I got 10 leads per week.

For my FE career it's always been 15 per week except for that 6 month stretch I mentioned.

Should be awesome vacations.. Were you ALL in when you first started?

Outstanding post...

Should be awesome vacations.. Were you ALL in when you first started?

In FE? No. I had moved from MP to MA plans mainly for leads. I did quite well in the MA business. I was the number one agent for 3 companies in this region.

Then Humana forced their MIPPA rules on us in 2008. I had added LH in 2007 for FE to cross sell to my MA clients because it was better than what the MA companies had available. That was my introduction to FE, Lincoln Heritage.

I found this forum in 2008 researching a med sup question about something my upline at Pyramid was telling us. It didn't ring true so I was asking questions. Turns out he was misinforming us.

Anyway, thru this forum I met Newby, even though we were only 40 miles apart we had never met.

Then thru this forum I met Travis. He was big into MA too and was wanting out. he had partnered with EFES and asked me to join up with him.

I resisted because I had dealt with EMG, {Equita Mortgage Group}, and did not have a good experience.

He convinced me they were different on the FE side so I signed on with him and them in Oct 2008.

It did not go well. I thought the leads were terrible. Ryan and I could not get along and they took me off the lead program. That was OK because I still had my "Nov file" that all MA agents had back then to take care of.

After finishing up that AEP I got back involved with FE. Dabbling around I wrote $6K ap in Jan 2009. Travis was able to get me back on the EFES lead program even though my PPL was around $40 if I would commit to giving a legit shot.

I decided to go all in with FE starting Feb 1, 2009. Then we had the ice storm of the century the end of Jan, 2009. I was without electricity for 2 weeks.

But I still managed to write $10K that Feb, {which I think is a benchmark for a fulltime agent}. Jan, 2009 was the last month I didn't write at least $10K FE in a month.

I never looked back. Meeting Travis Tubbs was the best thing to happen to me in this business. And we didn't meet in person until Feb, 2009. I don't know why he had the patience and faith that he did in me at a time when we had never met. He's one of my best friends in the world today but he didn't know me from Adam back in 2008 except from this forum and on the phone.

Last edited:
Back