Getting Sick of FE.....

Hello,

Been a while since I've posted. Anyways... FE has been financially fruitful for me. I'm just getting sick of the people, the smoke, the driving, the smells, etc.... Anything out there to transition to, from FE, that is just as financially beneficial and with the same amount of freedom?

Hi There.

What your explaing sounds like what i did working in the field selling mortgage protection in 2006.

I love selling insurance. Any kind actually, my preference I have found is FE.

Working in the field isnt fun anymore. And some people are really scary.

Technology is changing the way consumers buy. The insurance industry is finally catching up.

Thank goodness for that. I have sold FE insurance over the phone from home, since 2011. First for a call center. Now for myself. I only sell over the phone.

Many carriers now have new processes that make this easy. Once you know how to do it. Its just a transition process. Learning and believing in something new.

I sold 3 policies over the phone yesterday. Husband and wife both needed Guaranteed. Her brother need coverage too. He qualified for 1rst day coverage. He asked me to call his daughter to see if I can talk her into getting covered. She is single with 3 kids.

I dont know about his adult daughter, but he did get Grow-up plans for his grandkids. It was fun-
I did laundry while I was talking to him. Well, that part wasn't so much fun.

Hope this helped.

I wasn't saying anything about you, just that the close ratio on Medical Supplement leads must be a disaster if all that I'm reading in this thread is true and overall premium is not even comparable, given the other known variables. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds this astonishing/valuable to know ahead of time. It also suggests cold calling lists are the way to go with this market, which many won't want to do.

The closing ratio for MS are about the same as for FE. Somewhere around the 25% mark.

In FE? No. I had moved from MP to MA plans mainly for leads. I did quite well in the MA business. I was the number one agent for 3 companies in this region.

Then Humana forced their MIPPA rules on us in 2008. I had added LH in 2007 for FE to cross sell to my MA clients because it was better than what the MA companies had available. That was my introduction to FE, Lincoln Heritage.

I found this forum in 2008 researching a med sup question about something my upline at Pyramid was telling us. It didn't ring true so I was asking questions. Turns out he was misinforming us.

Anyway, thru this forum I met Newby, even though we were only 40 miles apart we had never met.

Then thru this forum I met Travis. He was big into MA too and was wanting out. he had partnered with EFES and asked me to join up with him.

I resisted because I had dealt with EMG, {Equita Mortgage Group}, and did not have a good experience.

He convinced me they were different on the FE side so I signed on with him and them in Oct 2008.

It did not go well. I thought the leads were terrible. Ryan and I could not get along and they took me off the lead program. That was OK because I still had my "Nov file" that all MA agents had back then to take care of.

After finishing up that AEP I got back involved with FE. Dabbling around I wrote $6K ap in Jan 2009. Travis was able to get me back on the EFES lead program even though my PPL was around $40 if I would commit to giving a legit shot.

I decided to go all in with FE starting Feb 1, 2009. Then we had the ice storm of the century the end of Jan, 2009. I was without electricity for 2 weeks.

But I still managed to write $10K that Feb, {which I think is a benchmark for a fulltime agent}. Jan, 2009 was the last month I didn't write at least $10K FE in a month.

I never looked back. Meeting Travis Tubbs was the best thing to happen to me in this business. And we didn't meet in person until Feb, 2009. I don't know why he had the patience and faith that he did in me at a time when we had never met. He's one of my best friends in the world today but he didn't know me from Adam back in 2008 except from this forum and on the phone.

Sounds like a great friendship/business relationship. Being able to trust a mentor/colleague is huge. Trust is rare. I've always like reading the journey of a rep - successful or not. Good insight -

Back