Getting Started As an Independent Agent

newguy92

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum. I have less than a year of experience as a captive agent and I am seeking some advice on becoming independent. I am licensed for life and health and am wondering where to find companies that I can contract with. I recently took a job where I only work about 6 months out if the year so I will only be doing this part time. Any advice?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum. I have less than a year of experience as a captive agent and I am seeking some advice on becoming independent. I am licensed for life and health and am wondering where to find companies that I can contract with. I recently took a job where I only work about 6 months out if the year so I will only be doing this part time. Any advice?
Just hang on. I am certain you will soon have a few nice folks offering go help you.

Most people that start off captive stay a while for the training, resources, and so on. Why the quick jump to independent?

Most people that start off captive stay a while for the training, resources, and so on. Why the quick jump to independent?

Because of the job offer I got. I will be operating remote controlled submarines on underwater construction projects. Pay is great, I just wanted to have something to do while I wasn't working.

Part-Time to start out in the industry could prove to be tougher than you might expect. Support and Training is critical.

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the job and am sure you can find some guidance here.

Back