Getting Started... FE and Life

RichJ

Expert
Good Afternoon!

I just submitted my application for my Life and Health license here in Massachusetts. My goal is to concentrate on life and final expense. Possibly Med Supps. With my EMS background as well as having been pretty much the sole caretaker for my mother during her last 8 years I have a pretty good insight into the challenges there.

Would any of you all be able to help guide me in figuring out who writes in Massachusetts for FE? Also, if there are any strong groups that provide good new agent support that operate here in the commonwealth. I'm hoping to start and stay independent.

I'm not sure this is going to be a full time thing, I am losing my full time EMS gig end of December so figure if nothing else I have a couple months to get up to speed on things and work on appointments.

Before you ask, my budget is quite small, my savings went to keeping Mom out of nursing homes.

Thanks for any help, suggestions, insight, or advice!

Good Afternoon!

I just submitted my application for my Life and Health license here in Massachusetts. My goal is to concentrate on life and final expense. Possibly Med Supps. With my EMS background as well as having been pretty much the sole caretaker for my mother during her last 8 years I have a pretty good insight into the challenges there.

Would any of you all be able to help guide me in figuring out who writes in Massachusetts for FE? Also, if there are any strong groups that provide good new agent support that operate here in the commonwealth. I'm hoping to start and stay independent.

I'm not sure this is going to be a full time thing, I am losing my full time EMS gig end of December so figure if nothing else I have a couple months to get up to speed on things and work on appointments.

Before you ask, my budget is quite small, my savings went to keeping Mom out of nursing homes.

Thanks for any help, suggestions, insight, or advice!

Don't know if they are in MASS but you might try to contact Scott (forum's Newby) at fexcontracting.com

With your story, you might also want to take a look into long term care insurance. Not only does it keep people out of nursing homes for a while, it helps preserve the savings of those who have the care-taking risks.

Just a thought to consider.

Back