Getting Started in Charlotte

rpawa

I have recently moved from NY to Charlotte. I have worked for banks and have insurance and investment licenses. Can anyone advise as to how I can become and independent agent and if if it makes sense....
Thanks

If you have proof of securities production, I would look into Ohio National and ONESCO B/D. They are a forum sponsor. They also have their own RIA, but you can also find other RIAs to join (I believe).

http://www.joinohionational.com

Welcome to ONESCO

Do you have a prospecting / marketing plan?

Do you have an idea of your ideal client profile?

Do you know what kinds of problems you can help them to solve using your products?

I transitioned from banking... and it was hard. I didn't even know to ask those kinds of questions. I just wanted to be smart and sell insurance... as that seemed to be the way to sell investments. Selling insurance &/or financial planning is very different than winning over assets to manage. I learned a lot of hard lessons.

I have dealt alot with High Net worth clients in dealing with their Estate Planning and trust planning but working for bank we had to bring in the expert. Than we would collaborate with Insurance rep who will bring in the insurance products and solving those issues. Its a long process but a lucrative one at the end. Charlotte market is getting traction from people moving from NY and other areas and starting to build that kind of client base. I am looking to start from home and build it over time. I kindly appreciate your advise and guidance in this matter.

Back