Getting Started in Med Sup

I would say sure it is possible to get 3 a week cold calling,I couldn't do it and all I sell is over the phone. However cold calling is tough you are hit with so much negativity its hard to keep focused.

But T65 is even Much harder for cold calling, Plus if you don't have much experience it will be even tougher meaning the likelihood of hitting 3 a week is low

And why anyway you can get a good deal on teli leads, there are some good guys on this forum With forune you can get 80 leads for 615.You can close 3 out of that easier than cold calling, As you get more experience you should be able to close more

I would say sure it is possible to get 3 a week cold calling,I couldn't do it and all I sell is over the phone. However cold calling is tough you are hit with so much negativity its hard to keep focused. But T65 is even Much harder for cold calling, Plus if you don't have much experience it will be even tougher meaning the likelihood of hitting 3 a week is low And why anyway you can get a good deal on teli leads, there are some good guys on this forum With forune you can get 80 leads for 615.You can close 3 out of that easier than cold calling, As you get more experience you should be able to close more

Preach brother, preach! :)

I would say sure it is possible to get 3 a week cold calling,I couldn't do it and all I sell is over the phone. However cold calling is tough you are hit with so much negativity its hard to keep focused.

But T65 is even Much harder for cold calling, Plus if you don't have much experience it will be even tougher meaning the likelihood of hitting 3 a week is low

And why anyway you can get a good deal on teli leads, there are some good guys on this forum With forune you can get 80 leads for 615.You can close 3 out of that easier than cold calling, As you get more experience you should be able to close more

I agree with buying leads. If you get the 80 and sell 5 at $250 commission you have doubled your money first year. As you get better you will sell more. You could hire a telemarketer as well which gives you more selling time and less calling time.

I agree with buying leads. If you get the 80 and sell 5 at $250 commission you have doubled your money first year. As you get better you will sell more. You could hire a telemarketer as well which gives you more selling time and less calling time.

That's the goal 2-3 months down the line. Just trying to start up in the most cost efficient way possible.

If I buy 80 leads, I'd be VERY disappointed if I only sold 5... But coming from a guy who's never sold tele med supp leads (only DMs by phone & Internet F2F), maybe my expectations are too high, I'm thinking 8-12 sales.

We gonna find out soon tho!

If I buy 80 leads, I'd be VERY disappointed if I only sold 5... But coming from a guy who's never sold tele med supp leads (only DMs by phone & Internet F2F), maybe my expectations are too high, I'm thinking 8-12 sales. We gonna find out soon tho!

Closing % is a pretty big variable. Agent skill, Area being marketed to, products being offered, how many times a lead is called,to only name a few.

As previously discussed on here, 5% is the closing ratio I would write my business plan on. If you have a really strong follow-up system, and strong tele sales skills you should absolutely be closing much higher than that.

I'm considering doing Med Supp full time. I have a list of 10,000 names in my area that are over 67. I plan on using a dialer and cold calling 6 days per week, possibly 7. Is it unreasonable to expect to be able to write 3 policies per week without purchasing leads and doing strictly cold calling?
If i read correctly, Fortune202 is the only one who mentioned the area your calling. This is a big deal!

Try explaining the difference between original Medicare and MA, over the phone, to someone who says, "I don't know what I have, they just take it out of my social security." You'll soon realize how futile this is.

Yes, 3 a week is very reasonable, if you're calling the right areas.

If you're getting started in MED SUPP you gotta try getting your telemarketed leads from GALT at theleadjerk.com

Much better than cold calling that massive list and getting burned out. Get 40 TM leads and try them out.

Best prices on TM leads

Try explaining the difference between original Medicare and MA, over the phone, to someone who says, "I don't know what I have, they just take it out of my social security." You'll soon realize how futile this is.

Coming out of SS "check", almost always MA. I think UHC has the ability to draft Medigap from SS but not sure since I don't use them.

If they say "I'm not paying nothing" you know you have someone with an MA plan and poor schooling.

If they say "I'm not paying nothing"but I can't afford my plan you don't have a prospect.

I don't cold call but I do target ads to rural areas where there are only a handful of MA plans available. Less chance of running into folks with MA coverage.

Most of the time, if they do have (or are looking at) a Medigap plan they are (or will be) paying too much. And they are probably looking at plan F.

I write apps today that 4 years ago when I shifted to Medicare I would have lost. Like everything else, the more you try the better you get.

Biggest problem most agents have is underfunded and exceedingly high expectations. Kind of like going all in when you are holding a pair of 7's and the pot is big.

Slow and steady is what most people don't want to hear but they need to take it to heart. As you grow your closing ratio will increase from 3 - 5% to double digits.

Be realistic and understand there is a cost for those "free" leads you are dialing when you could have been selling.

If you're getting started in MED SUPP you gotta try getting your telemarketed leads from GALT at theleadjerk.com Much better than cold calling that massive list and getting burned out. Get 40 TM leads and try them out. Best prices on TM leads

... And how much did you get paid to advertise for him???

Free TM leads I hope!!

Back