Getting Started in the Insurance industry

Discussion in 'Getting Started Selling Insurance' started by KCinsuranceguy, Sep 18, 2008.

1. OREGONInsuranceGuy

OREGONInsuranceGuy Member

I think you qualify for an exemption if you get the right paperwork and go through the proper channels from the Florida people (board). And make sure to do it within a very reasonable time frame.

2. TXAgentnumero1

TXAgentnumero1 Member

State:

Hey all,

So I'm thinking of becoming an independent agent to pick up some extra income selling life insurance. Any thoughts? How easy is it to get connected to AAA companies like PennMutual or MassMutual, to be able to sell these life policies?

Should I set up an LLC for this or do it in my personal capacity?

I'm tentatively scheduled to take the TX exam next week and feel confident passing it.

3. blash03

blash03 New Member

Hi
    I am new to this-- So I am looking into getting into the insurance industry. I have no experience with insurance and need some help. Do i try to get a job with an insurance agency or should I get my insurance license first. Would love some incite on where to start.

4. ryeates1

ryeates1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Arkansas
    my one cents worth

ok , so here is my penny's worth or advice s a 29 year veteran, and it is not to go with a life and health agency. Find the biggest independent agency in your town. Thats right and they probably either dont have a life/ health guy or need one. tell them you would like to help them with their life health needs. Get your property and casualty license and niche market and association, a home builder, air conditioner whatever is big in your town. go to the meetings, eat the rubber chicken, get as much help from the agency as you can. you will bring in p&C to the agency, dont have to know about P&C but the point is to back door it to the life.

just my opinion