Getting Started in the Insurance industry

Discussion in 'Getting Started Selling Insurance' started by KCinsuranceguy, Sep 18, 2008.

1. jmhopkins40

jmhopkins40 Well-Known Member

State:
    Ohio
    contact me at [email protected] Il take what ever time you need to cover this information spend 9 years in kansas and loved it!!!!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I am also retired military and would be glad to discuss my transition from the military, to captive to an independant agent. most of the companies and MGA's want followers and will demand you do as I say....not as i do. in many instances its a leaderless field. they were simply promoted because they could sell, but can not train, coach or mentor...many, but not all contact me at [email protected]
    I am also retired military and would be glad to discuss my transition from the military, to captive to an independant agent. most of the companies and MGA's want followers and will demand you do as I say....not as i do. in many instances its a leaderless field. they were simply promoted because they could sell, but can not train, coach or mentor...many, but not all contact me at [email protected]
    sorry you had to hear another...not so funny comment about the laptop....contact me at [email protected] and i can review some things that may assist you

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. jmhopkins40

jmhopkins40 Well-Known Member

State:
    Ohio
    * contact my friend dean at www.license2go.com they will even pay for a 2nd and 3rd test if needed super guys contact me at [email protected] if you need anything else

3. Carlos Gil

Carlos Gil Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    We can have you running in less than a month with all the carriers, E&O ($199 per Year), Rater, and an Agency Management System.

Plus the ability to do taxes.

Please visit FiestaInsurance(dot)com for additional information.

Should you have any questions please contact us.

Carlos Gil
    Sales & Marketing Manager
    16162 Beach Blvd Suite 100
    Huntington Beach, Ca 92647
    (714) 842-5420 Ext 237
    (714) 842-5401 Fax
    (714) 916-1758 Cell
    E-mail: E-mail: [email protected]
    We can have you running in less than a month with all the carriers, E&O ($199 per Year), Rater, and an Agency Management System.

Plus the ability to do taxes.

Please visit FiestaFranchise(dot)com for additional information.

Should you have any questions please contact us.

Carlos Gil
    Sales & Marketing Manager
    16162 Beach Blvd Suite 100
    Huntington Beach, Ca 92647
    (714) 842-5420 Ext 237
    (714) 842-5401 Fax
    (714) 916-1758 Cell
    E-mail: E-mail: [email protected]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  4. Princeinsurance

Princeinsurance Member

State:
    Alabama
    If you're thinking of becoming a new life and health agent in California, Great American Senior Benefits just expanded there. Search careerbuilder for Great American Senior Benefits to get the latest.

5. dps9200

dps9200 Guest

Quick Question- I am in the process of filing a personal bankruptcy due to a divorce, how will this effect becoming an Independent Agent? will I be able to get appointed or contracted to sell products?

6. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Well-Known Member

State:

Yes.

You will need to have a your "reason" down, As all the companies will ask. Advance will be a little harder but not impossible. I would try to get my contracting done before the BK, if you are licensed. Work with a good GA that will get you a good core group of companies. I would not shot gun out my contracting. Easier to get advanced if you have the bulk of your production in just a few companies. Once up and running really try to move back to as earned for at least half the companies. There will be slumps.

Get a free credit report so you know what is on there.

You will by no means be the only agent with a BK.

Good Luck,
    Lee

7. carroll

carroll Well-Known Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hello everybody....I'm just getting started in insurance....spent 2 days trying to sell med supplements off the lead cards I ordered for $405. Have now wasted a lot of gas and time knocking on those doors......Guess it's time to try Frank Stastnys way??

8. carroll

carroll Well-Known Member

State:
    Kansas

Well.....I just ordered Franks program....hope it gets me going in the right direction!! I can tell ya, it's a tough business to be in by yourself with no support or training!

9. darner123

darner123 Member

State:
    Alabama
    Any advise for a possible newbie to this business from Reading, PA? I have been successful selling computer technology solutions, and until recently real estate. I am considering a switch to insurance sales. It seems working with an independant agency is the way to go, right? Can you get the training online?

10. Frank Stastny

Frank Stastny Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    Give me a call. I will be releasing the new upgrade v5.0 in the next two weeks and I can e-mail you the link so you can see what it looks like.