Getting Started in the Senior Market

lacy_amy

Expert
I would like to get started in the senior market with FE and/or Med Supp. I would really like to go independent but maybe that isn't an option when just starting out. I don't really have a "natural market" for that so I would need to buy leads to get started. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

What state are you in? You can PM me if you want training and contracts for your state. Going independent may not be a bad idea, even for a new agent.

FE is most easily sold to Med Supp clients.

If you are entering the Med Supp market I don't consider being captive as a viable option. To truly be successful selling Med Supps an agent must be independent.

Signing up with an insurance agency that is going to require you to assign your commissions is probably the poorest option for an agent. Great for the agency but it sucks for the agent regardless of what they may "promise" you.'

Typically those "promises" will be hollow. They will sound great but very seldom meet the agent's expectations.

I would suggest you learn to prospect as opposed to spending thousands of dollars purchasing "leads". You will find that people who fill out the cards and forms on the internet are really not serious about purchasing, they are just curious.

When you call it is still going to be very much of a "cold call". Most will have no recollection of having done so.

I would like to get started in the senior market with FE and/or Med Supp. I would really like to go independent but maybe that isn't an option when just starting out. I don't really have a "natural market" for that so I would need to buy leads to get started. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Going through this forum will show which guy is the right one for you.

Also Print this quote from Frank and tape it to your screen and phone. ""Signing up with an insurance agency that is going to require you to assign your commissions is probably the poorest option for an agent. Great for the agency but it sucks for the agent regardless of what they may "promise" you.' ""

Good luck.

Back