Getting Started Questions

Michigan9534

Expert
I know you guys get lots of questions, but I have a couple

I took the advice of trying to hook on with a local agent before getting licensed

First I was very disappointed when I called ALL of the agencies in the Battle Creek / Kalamazoo Area (175 POP) and only 3 of them were taking resumes to add someone

Anyone in the Battle Creek / Kalamazoo MI are looking to expand their agency ???

Should I start with getting my License on my own ???
if so getting started which is the better way to go P & C or Health/Life ????

If I do hook on with a local agent what is reasonable base salary / Commission split ??

I have read a ton of information on here and this site is great people really know there stuff

Its not necessary but I would get the license first, it will make you more valuable going into you interviews

If you are looking for a base salary then your more likely to find that with the P&C gig.

I would look to work for a corp opposed to a local agent being that you will get much better training and support with a major company.

Look at places like liberty mutual. They have a base + comm and you will utilize both the p&c and life licenses.

I really have not decided what I plan to sell

Any Advice ???

But I would really like a small base salary and someone to show me the ropes getting started

Any Advice ???

Someone else isn't going to be able to suggest something like that. There's P&C, Life, Health, LTC, Final Expense, benefits, Annuities, Disability, several options. It'll be up to you to decide what the best fit is, what you're most comfortable with. Once you decide that, then you can figure out who to approach for a job.

Maybe ask people in each of those areas about the ins and outs of each. What a typical day looks like. They're all different in many ways.

Any Advice ???

But I would really like a small base salary and someone to show me the ropes getting started

You must decide what you want to sell before going any further. You can almost forget about any kind of base salary. Mostly this is a straight commission job.

I would NEVER put someone on who isnt licensed yet.......and rarely anyone with NO experience....

I dont want to train, I want to cash checks!:D:D:D:biggrin:

Back