Getting Started, Who to Go With

Withsomeluck

Briefly: I have a Life and Health License in California. I'd like to focus on life. I want to get going relatively quickly. I have read some conflicting information on just "going independent" vs. working as a captive agent.

I'm highly motivated to make calls and deal with people through internet/phone when possible simply for efficiency's sake. While independent sounds great, mentoring sounds amazing too.

I want to find a company and start investing time now. SO much to learn. Any advice or links to relevant threads would be hugely appreciated.

Reading more of these excellent forums now.

Welcome to the Forums!

There are lots of options on who to start off with. Most on the forum are great places to begin!

I would continue your search through the forum threads as you'll gain a ton of insight just from that alone.

Make a list of the people you'd like to speak with then call them. Ask lots of questions such as:

1. Can you do a pre-release agreement?
  2. Do I have to assign my commissions to your company?
  3. Do you have a resource for leads?
  4. Can you provide Case Assistance when I'm in the Home?
  5. Is there any reasons I would be stuck here If I wanted to leave?
  6. Do you require proof of production?
  7. Is there room to grow with your company?

These are just a few that you should always keep in mind. There is more of course. I just can't think of them at the moment.

For me, going captive or independent all really depends on YOU. What kind of person are you? Are you a go-getter or a person that needs to have structure? Do you need someone to hold you accountable or can you? Are you able to work without supervision?

Reflect on some of those questions and answer them honestly. If you're self-driven. You can, for the most part, go Independent. You'll just need some mentoring and guidance to help you avoid the missteps that are often taken.

I left California last year. Moved from one commie state to NV, a state doing it's best to emulate CA.

Contact me if you'd like a "local" opinion.

Rick

Thanks I will definitely keep searching. My interest currently is making sure that wherever I go, whoever I go with I can at least fill in enough of the blanks solidly to push out from there. There are plenty of posts discussing the poor training of some companies or their shoddy practices.

I really appreciate your response and already have a list but missed a few of your questions. Will do and thanks again for the info.

Briefly: I have a Life and Health License in California. I'd like to focus on life. I want to get going relatively quickly. I have read some conflicting information on just "going independent" vs. working as a captive agent.

I'm highly motivated to make calls and deal with people through internet/phone when possible simply for efficiency's sake. While independent sounds great, mentoring sounds amazing too.

I want to find a company and start investing time now. SO much to learn. Any advice or links to relevant threads would be hugely appreciated.

Reading more of these excellent forums now.

I have some material on lead generation that I would be willing to share. Send me a message.

Back