Getting started with individual health?

jdeasy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hanson, Ky
I'm considering a move into the individual health market. I've done, and still do, life, MA, PDP and med sup.

I've never done health and am not contracted with anyone for health.

I have been contacted recently by Anthem and Assurant offering contracts.

Is there a company you would recomend for someone to start with? How about training? Leads?

I've browsed healthagent's site and will most likely become a member there if I pursue this part of the business.

Any advice?

I have been contacted recently by Anthem and Assurant offering contracts.

Sounds like GA's as I doubt direct sales is hitting you up to contract. Contract direct, I am not sure why you would need the GA unless they are giving you leads and or advances that a direct contract would not allow. Just make sure the GA adds value and make sure the RELEASE TERMS are IN WRITING.

IHIAA is a great idea for a new agent - the fees are nominal I don't see how you can go wrong.

Maybe search the forum and read some old posts.

Sounds like GA's as I doubt direct sales is hitting you up to contract. Contract direct, I am not sure why you would need the GA unless they are giving you leads and or advances that a direct contract would not allow. Just make sure the GA adds value and make sure the RELEASE TERMS are IN WRITING.

IHIAA is a great idea for a new agent - the fees are nominal I don't see how you can go wrong.

Maybe search the forum and read some old posts.

Thanks. I've done that. I read that whole stickied thread and it's great info. I am just trying to get as many opinions as possible.

As far as the contacts being from GA's. They weren't. They were directly from Anthem and Assurant. They were referred to me by someone that I had spoken about becoming a health agent. They didn't contact me just out of the blue.

Thanks. I've done that. I read that whole stickied thread and it's great info. I am just trying to get as many opinions as possible.

As far as the contacts being from GA's. They weren't. They were directly from Anthem and Assurant. They were referred to me by someone that I had spoken about becoming a health agent. They didn't contact me just out of the blue.

JDeasy,
I signed on healthagent's training group and I think it is well worth it. I didn't end up going that direction so I haven't participated much.

That group has a health broker that has ALL the contracts and can put you on a good commission schedual and will give you a release if you ever want one. They seem very helpful for a new health agent.

Also, since I don't focus on health and don't know much about it, I can refer some things to you if you become active and knowlegable with health insurance. Neighbors helping neighbors you might say.

I use Health Choice One as my GA for most contracts. As stated above, HCO offers you street level commissions, you own your own book of business, you do get advances on all carriers they offer and the training is first rate. There is a way to get free leads too for Golden Rule sales.

I can say the owner and staff is very friendly and each one is on top of their game. They go out of their way to help agents. If I call or need assistance, they are right there. Also, the employees help you with your pending work and keep you updated on status and assist you in getting business issued.

Good luck on your new endeavor.

Back