Getting started

Hello Everyone,

I'm in need of some advice on what to sell and who to sell for. I'm selling for Aflac now but I got a nice offer from New York Life that seems up my alley but they are a captive company and I can't continue to sell Aflac products if I work for them. My main goal is to get into the investment business and New York Life is offering me training on my series 6 and so on. They even offered me a CFP training course, which all seem to good to be true. I was also offered a base salary for my first three years of working for them. Do anyone know anything about New York Life, and if so can you provide me with some outside information? and do you think New York Life would be a great place to start if I want to get into investing?

I like the idea of being a broker as well but don't know how to go about finding companies to write business for. Can anyone offer me any advice what companies to write for as a broker?

See, I told yall I need help. Thanks

Nttwrkz1

NYL is an excellent company, long history and great reputation.

That being said, they are first and foremost a life insurance company.

What you really need to decide is what level of investment activity and what areas you want to work in.

If you want to offer investments (series 6 level) in conjunction with insurance products, NYL would be a good fit (as would MassMutual, Northwestern Mutual, Pru or Met).

If you are really mostly insterested in investments and not much on the insurance products, perhaps series 7 and a place like Merrill Lynch, Smith Barney and so on would be a better fit.

With NYL you'll be able (depending on your licensing) to sell investment products, but there will be an expectation of life/disability/annuity sales as well.

Guru,

Thank you so much for your advice. This is the main reason I chose to be part of this great community of knowledgable people, such as your self. I've been paying great attention to your postings and I was hoping I would be able to hear from you. You are very knowledgable in this business.

Do you know if the training salary that NYL is offering me is production base? They are also said that they are not a captive company but if they aren't, why can't I sell Aflac products if I decide to work for them full-time?

The one thing I'm noticing that is common in this business among the agents is that there is a desperate need to find a way to get clients on a continuous basis without COLD CALLING. I'm working for Alfac and that's all they want you to do and I hate it. I would rather go into business and talk face to face. This is one of the reason I want to go with NYL because they don't want you COLD CALLING and I like that.

I feel like there's so much I can do in the insurance industry but I haven't been in it long enough to find my niched. I've only been doing this since November 07. I think I'm going to take your advice on NYL because they can offer me so much more that Aflac. Thanks for your advice and enjoy your day. :)

Nttwrkz1

</IMG>

Back