Getting Started

Steve20

Expert
Hello! I am coming back to the insurance field. I recently got my license again, and I've been out the game for so long. What is a good company to start with being independent? What good contracts are out there? I am also considering leads to give me a boost. What's been working with agents for leads? Any advice would be really helpful. Thanks!

A good company? Define a good company. Are you looking to sell U65? In that case I’d say get out. But you just said “insurance”.

Hello! I am coming back to the insurance field. I recently got my license again, and I've been out the game for so long. What is a good company to start with being independent? What good contracts are out there? I am also considering leads to give me a boost. What's been working with agents for leads? Any advice would be really helpful. Thanks!

What products are you looking at selling? I believe you meant IMO or Carriers to pick up. However, Chazm is right. We need to know a bit more about what products you want to sell and either understand well or want to learn.
Depending on what products you want to sell can drastically change your target audience. Then we can get to the question of who has good contracts out there. Same with the leads. It all starts with what you are attempting to sell.

I am seeking to specialize in final expense, and whole life policy. The whole life product, I'd like to target 40 on up. I see a huge need for this age bracket to save money with decent returns, and also have a death benefit attached. For elderly people of course final expense.

I am seeking to specialize in final expense, and whole life policy. The whole life product, I'd like to target 40 on up. I see a huge need for this age bracket to save money with decent returns, and also have a death benefit attached. For elderly people of course final expense.

There are many good IMOs you could go through. There are many on this board. One thing you'll have to watch out for though; If you want leads that are free or subsidized you will get your commissions cut. It's a very expensive way for you to have someone else pay for your leads. Quick read here: https://www.trkingim.com/blog-post/true-cost-captive-insurance-agent/

FE contracts are usually going to run between 110% and 120%, depending on the company. Make sure you are getting street level (what the company sets, not the IMO). You can give us a call anytime and I can tell you what those are for most every company. I can also help you choose a few whether you were to go with us or not.

Make sure you're not assigning your commissions and that you have a upfront release agreement in place. There are some shady IMOs out there, so be careful and use this forum to ask questions and verify things you've been told.

Back