Ghost Town Reform Forum

Thats because ACA reform is now a ghost. And any Congressman associated with it seems to have become a ghost lately as well.

I dont sell Individual. I sell Group but dont prospect for it anymore. Only way to really fix healthcare will include eliminating group plans. So Im not betting my future on it... despite the fact that Congress has shown zero intention on actually fixing whats wrong with the healthcare/insurance system.

I think people are figuring out that the republicans cut the legs out from under the ACA a couple years ago (Rubio) and are getting pissed. Whomever is in charge with dealing with healthcare will take it in the shorts next election. Last time the Demos got pounded, this time the GOP will.

The solution isn't the premium, the premium is a result of the problem. No body is going to step up and deal with the problem as it occurs miles before a health insurance premium is paid.

I think people are figuring out that the republicans cut the legs out from under the ACA a couple years ago (Rubio) and are getting pissed. Whomever is in charge with dealing with healthcare will take it in the shorts next election. Last time the Demos got pounded, this time the GOP will.

The solution isn't the premium, the premium is a result of the problem. No body is going to step up and deal with the problem as it occurs miles before a health insurance premium is paid.

I'm in agreement with you. Much like SSI became a 3rd rail in the late 80's, no one will touch healthcare for a long time. Shame, their are some things that could be easily fixed....others, not so much.

Plus, I think the Republicans screwed the pooch on making it more of a tax break bill and not a true healthcare bill.

Very little here. Comp is 0% during SEP for now. The other carrier in 5% of the counties in my state has a flat $0 for comp.

I wrote a policy for a client's spouse who lost cobra yesterday. Premium was $1260 (no subsidy), and I get $0 for it.

Times have changed and I have shifted my focus.

R

I'll still help someone losing their job get an ACA plan at $0 commission because it can lead to something more profitable for me down the road. They may turn 65 some day and let me help with medicare, they may need Life insurance or LTC....and it only takes a few minutes to get them enrolled in something....so why not. Since most of them actually work for a living, and are not subsidy eligible, I can say "go to my web site.....click here on the BCBS logo......have fun" I would gladly run rates for them ahead of time, and tell them which plan to apply for.

Luckily, individual health is not my prime focus any more. I have a friend that charges a flat $120 if anyone wants help....send the money first, and they'll talk.

It can also help with referrals. Now if they are subsidy eligible, I do not typically plan to spend 20 minutes on healthcrap.gov to enroll them. :biggrin:

If you check you will see that the premiums are going up anywhere from 20% to 50% for 2018 deductibles will keep going higher people are going to lose their subsidies it is positioned to crash. I sell defined benefit plans with excess accident -CI and heavy cancer using Nationwide PPO coverage and people are delighted. Only the critically ill or pregnant need to buy ACA. Enrollment for 2018 is 6 weeks November one to December 15th so it is going to be a nightmare for everyone that likes to wait for the last minute or everyone that finds out they won't get a subsidy and except for the Christian Ministry which is not insurance at all -the Department of Insurance approved defined benefit plans
-if you do it right - are a wonderful alternative- and a fraction of non subsidized coverage cost

They will work with the Dems to (try) to fix O'care (which in reality we know they won't. Until we see some change or bill that is passed nothing to talk about.

Back