Gift Card Lead

LG308

So i’ve done final expense for 3 years now, the only lead I’ve ever used is the Wal-mart final expense lead that never mentions insurance .

I have relatively good success BUT I chase a lot of nonsense and my persistence rate is horrible (compared to top producers ). I’ve had countless clients get the gift card and then drop the policy .

Would you recommend a more specific lead that says insurance and has no free offer ? I don’t mind spending money if it will reduce my headaches and wasted time.

Thanks

Too many variables to give a real good response. Can a more detailed “life insurance” lead be better for you? Of course it COULD. But that may not be the case. If you are getting 40 of the current DM leads for the price of 20 Life Insurance leads, then you may be best where you are at.

A Life Insurance lead will run you (give or take) $30 per lead. You will have more qualified individuals as compared to the Gift Card lead and you won’t have to give out gift cards.

You could also reach out to Chris at Lead Connections and drop a generic “E64” card and that will still be better than giving out Gift Cards.

Again, it depends on your situation.

As Josh mentioned above, FB leads could be good, but they don’t have some of the luxuries that DM has. You work a much larger area each week. They also dry up in an area much faster and you will start having to travel around. Think of it this way, are there more seniors with FB accounts or more seniors with mailboxes? If you are needing leads to add to your DM flow, FB is great. If you are in a large enough area and do not mind driving far distances, then FB can be your solution as well.

Just my thoughts!

Yeah I used to think they would dry up faster than DM. But we’ve had agents ordering in the same area for 4+ months at a time every week like clockwork.

There are so many seniors on Facebook. I wouldn’t have believed this myself if you had asked me a year ago.

Of course there are more mailboxes, but seniors respond at a much higher rate on Facebook than through direct mail. And it’s not the same seniors that respond to dm or Tm leads.

Which means we’re getting deeper into the demographic.

Yeah I used to think they would dry up faster than DM. But we’ve had agents ordering in the same area for 4+ months at a time every week like clockwork.

There are so many seniors on Facebook. I wouldn’t have believed this myself if you had asked me a year ago.

Of course there are more mailboxes, but seniors respond at a much higher rate on Facebook than through direct mail. And it’s not the same seniors that respond to dm or Tm leads.

Which means we’re getting deeper into the demographic.
Seems like seniors being active on FB is getting to be pretty common. After all, I’m officially a senior, but I’ve embraced tech advances all along the way starting with my first PC in my early 20’s. I’ve been active on FB almost since its inception, and there are LOTS of people my age who are just like me. At age 62 I’m right in the sweet spot of the FE demographic. And like a lot of seniors I receive copious amounts of direct mail advertising, which mainly goes straight into the trash without much thought. But I have clicked on a FB ad that catches my interest more than a few times.

Thanks for all the feedback . I’ve had good success with Facebook leads but when working a T 65 mailer and Final expense simultaneously its hard because as mentioned by bboman23 , the Facebook leads are spread out whereas the T 65s are within one or two zips.

I generally mail a t 65 , a final expense and a regular Medicare piece to the same zip and work about 25/30 leads in that zip code.

Thanks for all the feedback . I’ve had good success with Facebook leads but when working a T 65 mailer and Final expense simultaneously its hard because as mentioned by bboman23 , the Facebook leads are spread out whereas the T 65s are within one or two zips.

I generally mail a t 65 , a final expense and a regular Medicare piece to the same zip and work about 25/30 leads in that zip code.

Yep that's the only real downside. Our agents that take facebook leads each week use a route planning app religiously. After a few weeks of ordering leads consistently, you will still have leads spread out over your radius, but you'll always have leads to go door knock while you're out and about.

I think it comes down to what price you are willing to pay. If you're willing to pay more for leads and get more qualified prospects, then yes drop the free wal-mart gift card lead and move to something that is more explicitly "life insurance." If you would like to get more wal-mart gift card leads for the same amount of money as a life insurance lead, then go for it.

Personally, I think I would spin my wheels more and risk the chance of not getting in front of folks who have raised their hand to inquire about actual life insurance.

At the end of the day it is your business and you get to decide, but efficiency to me is a big deal. Just this week I went out Monday-Wednesday and wrote $7500 on about 20 life insurance direct mail leads. I'll take that return on investment all day long for that amount of time spent in the field.

Conversely, I think I could get that kind of production working 35-40 walmart-gift card leads, which would require working 5-6 days in the field.

First option please.

Good luck on your journey LG308! Hope you find what you're looking for!

Back