Give client summary of benefits, ratings, formulary

JJ2713

Guru
I know the MAPD plan gives the client the summary of benefits, star ratings, and formulary (plus other stuff) at the time of enrollment.

Do you ever give the client those things before enrollment, like when you send them the application or even beforehand? Just so that they can see the MAPD plan information beforehand form the actual plan itself.

The materials would be fine. This is what AHIP says.

o Provide to prospective enrollees only CMS-approved plan-specific marketing materials or CMS marketing materials.

I know the MAPD plan gives the client the summary of benefits, star ratings, and formulary (plus other stuff) at the time of enrollment.

Do you ever give the client those things before enrollment, like when you send them the application or even beforehand? Just so that they can see the MAPD plan information beforehand form the actual plan itself.

The materials would be fine. This is what AHIP says.

o Provide to prospective enrollees only CMS-approved plan-specific marketing materials or CMS marketing materials.

I would hope you would share those things with a client so they can make an informed decision.

Back