Giving Quotit the Boot

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Finally made the decision to fire Quotit next week. It has been a long run, and mostly good, but they are not perfect. Have noticed a marked decline in customer service since Word & Brown bought them.

After a lot of thought and number crunching, I can't see paying them $100/mo for a quote engine that is essentially useless for the next 7 months. Now that I see how carriers are pricing Obamacare in GA I figure I can run the next abbreviated open enrollment without the benefit of a quote engine.

$1200 a year for a service that is useful for 2 - 3 months doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyone else going to pull the plug on their engine?

I'm going to hold on to mine at $75/mo for norvax considering I have too many leads/clients in their system already loaded. The new cost to a new customer is higher than what I pay now, and it's really just for 7 months. In the FL and AZ, there is more competition (6-8 carriers), and it makes it much easier to show clients on the screen the why and why nots of each. Plus, just one SEP a month will pay for itself. It's really the only expense I have, and consider it the cost of doing biz.

I have leads in the Quotit system as well but I have started downloading them and sorting them out. I have no idea what their current rate is but can't justify it for 7 months down time followed by 2 - 3 months of activity that interferes with my Medicare marketing efforts.

If I wasn't invested in Medicare I would probably keep it around.

Finally made the decision to fire Quotit next week. It has been a long run, and mostly good, but they are not perfect. Have noticed a marked decline in customer service since Word & Brown bought them.

After a lot of thought and number crunching, I can't see paying them $100/mo for a quote engine that is essentially useless for the next 7 months. Now that I see how carriers are pricing Obamacare in GA I figure I can run the next abbreviated open enrollment without the benefit of a quote engine.

$1200 a year for a service that is useful for 2 - 3 months doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyone else going to pull the plug on their engine?

Bob - I posed the exact same question on this forum back in December. I agree with you that this essentially becomes a 3 month product.

I dropped the "On exchange" part of quotit...as that is a complete waste. That will drop you down from the $100 to about $60. Everything I need to sell on exchange is on healthcare.gov when I enroll people. I can do my lookups on ehealth......and advise the client accordingly. I have my own contact data base as well. I don't expect to sell much health for a while now......other than STM when someone wants something affordable for a while. If I focused on lots of states, then it might be different.

Like you, I am glad I have another gig.....that being LTC and ancillary products.

Last edited:
Norvax inexplicably charges me an extra $100 this month. I will be dropping the On-Exchange portion of their service and scaling back some others.

I also pay HealthConnect $55 per month and I don't know if I will keep that.

Back