Go Indy or Work for an Agency?

Vader

I need help in figuring out if I should go Indy or work at an agency. I worked for a Captive company in SC primarily selling Home/auto lines via incoming calls for over 2 years. I currently have P/C license in 43 states. I’d like to continue doing business in all of the states that I have license in; however, I don’t think I would be need all of those states if I went Indy.

I know that going Indy for P/C will take time to build. But if it is done right, it can pay off. I've trolled the site looking for a definitive guide regarding setting up an Indy without much success. What are the steps to setting up an Indy?

Since I will not be receiving incoming calls, my biggest concern is developing a marketing strategy. Any marketing pointers? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hey Vader,

Give the site a search for what your looking for.. I have seen this question posted numerous times. You will get what your looking for much faster.

Good luck

There is a pretty comprehensive thread on it. But, if you don't know HOW you will be generating new business, none of that matters.

What part of SC are you in? Selling home for a captive makes me think upstate. The carriers you need will vary based on your location.

There is a pretty comprehensive thread on it. But, if you don't know HOW you will be generating new business, none of that matters.

What part of SC are you in? Selling home for a captive makes me think upstate. The carriers you need will vary based on your location.

Yea, I'm in the upstate. Thanks for the feedback.

----------

Thanks for the feedback

Back