Going for It with New York Life

Whom ever you start with depends much more on the atmosphere of the office you join. NYL and many others are great companies, but what will actually end up as meaningful to your career is how your office works locally.

An office can be a great place, a positive place, a place to educate yourself professionally... OR NOT.

Best of luck to you and I hope you're still positive about the move 6 months in. I was with NYL for a decade. Learned a ton, both good and bad. Wished I had somebody advise me going in as the reason I tell you to look at the environment of your local office is how mine turned out. Not Good.

Anyone get a start with New York Life. Going to sign withe them?

I started w/ NYL out of the San Antonio office and stayed there for almost 3 years. I learned a ton and don't regret starting there, however looking back I don't know how I was able to survive.

Out of a class of about 17 I was the only man left standing after about 14 months. It's a dog fight and a struggle working with no leads at the NYL commission levels and everything having to go through blood and urine. But if you can survive there for a couple of years, you should be able to survive anywhere.

Good luck!

Back