Going Independent?

socalguy

Hi All,

I'm in Southern California,

been licensed for about 6 years, have my Life & Health, and Series 6,63,65,26

May be time for me to move on from my current place.

I have a couple of people that may jump ship with me that I have been training too.

Any recommendations on where to go?

Mostly do Term, IUL, VUL, FIA, VA and have AUM
Kinda was thinking of asking a couple of my wholesalers but I know it would be a little awkward conversation. One of my newer one deals with the independent channel exclusively.

Thanks!

As far as the Life Insurance side, the wonderful thing about being Independent is you are not stuck to just one organization, one IMO. You can choose and pick as many as you want. It's all up to you. My partner and I have contracts to four different Life Insurance organizations.

Yes, we could have gotten all our contracts from just one organization but it is not a smart thing to do because if our relationships were ever to go sour with that organization, we are stuck not doing business for 6 months. But by spreading our contracts, if one relationship goes bad, we still have contracts to do business from our other organizations.

I'm not sure how your security license will come into play since I got rid of mine in 2002. I'm assuming you will have to find an IMO with securities and park your license with them.

Back