Going the extra mile

Mar 26, 2008

1. Insuranceman

Insuranceman Guru

After spending 3 grueling hours of getting beat up cold calling seniors without getting a bite, I went to lunch with a major migrain headache. I debated whether I was going to bed or grind out another 2 hours on the phone. I forced myself to get back on the phones for another 2 hours. I set 10 solid appointments .

I've never even come close to setting 10 appointments in 2 hours of cold calling before. I can't believe it.

2. Chkndinner14

Chkndinner14 Super Genius

Nice, now go close 8 of them. It goes in streaks, success breeds success.

3. tentel

tentel Expert

Isn't it strange how it goes in streaks like that. It's like a little success put you in a groove.

tentel, Mar 26, 2008
  4. Alston

Alston Guru

State:
    Connecticut

Is it possible that you actually did go to bed and that you set the ten appointments in a dream?

Alston, Mar 27, 2008
  5. Charpress

Charpress Guru

State:
    Louisiana
    I want to know what you had for lunch. ;)

6. Delta76

Delta76 Guru

First of all, good job to keep going. I've noticed the same thing happen myself at times. When you think about it, it's just statistics. Compare it to flipping a coin:

If you flip a coin 10 times, how likely is it that you will get 5 "tails"? If you flip it 100 times, the numbers are more likely to workout around 50% (law of large numbers). The lower the probability of a result, the longer it takes to see the "law" take effect.

In telephoning, your odds are much less than 50%, maybe your appointment ratio is 4%. Therefore, you will go through streaks of highs and lows, but the most important thing is to keep at it during the lows and allow the "law" to take effect.

Delta76, Mar 27, 2008