Going the extra mile

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
After spending 3 grueling hours of getting beat up cold calling seniors without getting a bite, I went to lunch with a major migrain headache. I debated whether I was going to bed or grind out another 2 hours on the phone. I forced myself to get back on the phones for another 2 hours. I set 10 solid appointments .

I've never even come close to setting 10 appointments in 2 hours of cold calling before. I can't believe it.

After spending 3 grueling hours of getting beat up cold calling seniors without getting a bite, I went to lunch with a major migrain headache. I debated whether I was going to bed or grind out another 2 hours on the phone. I forced myself to get back on the phones for another 2 hours. I set 10 solid appointments .

I've never even come close to setting 10 appointments in 2 hours of cold calling before. I can't believe it.

Is it possible that you actually did go to bed and that you set the ten appointments in a dream?

First of all, good job to keep going. I've noticed the same thing happen myself at times. When you think about it, it's just statistics. Compare it to flipping a coin:

If you flip a coin 10 times, how likely is it that you will get 5 "tails"? If you flip it 100 times, the numbers are more likely to workout around 50% (law of large numbers). The lower the probability of a result, the longer it takes to see the "law" take effect.

In telephoning, your odds are much less than 50%, maybe your appointment ratio is 4%. Therefore, you will go through streaks of highs and lows, but the most important thing is to keep at it during the lows and allow the "law" to take effect.

Back