Golden Rule and other STM 12 month plans covering pregnancy

I have a correction: the maximum coverage os $6,550 ($6,350 + $200 per day) and the cost for a 30 year old female is $19.40 per month.
but the problem is once the baby is born.....you put them on a limited benefit plan...in my case my twins ran up a $250,000 neo natal bill.....not worth the risk

but the problem is once the baby is born.....you put them on a limited benefit plan...in my case my twins ran up a $250,000 neo natal bill.....not worth the risk

your missing the point. you would not put the baby on the plan....the HI is to cover your deductible. You put the baby on an ACA plan.

you got me there.......

the original post was about obtaining STM to cover a pregnancy bc STM is much lower than ACA. So obviosuly it would not work, they have to go ACA to get the pregnancy covered...but if you know you want to have a baby, it makes perfect sense to pick up a Hospital Indemnity policy that pays out for a hospital overnight pregnancy stay. And I have access to one, it pays a great commisison (40% street) and is with a known carrier.

$6,550 of HI coverage, pays on a pregancy overnight stay and costs a 30 year old female under $20/month.

DM me if interested in learning more or getting contracted.

Always amazes me the lengths agents will go to in order to make a buck. Piecemeal plans rarely work out even in the fantasy world where you may live.

Interesting you are offering such "sage" advice given you chastised me for using an 80 year old carrier on a Medigap plan.

I would take Scott's advice over yours any day of the week.

Always amazes me the lengths agents will go to in order to make a buck. Piecemeal plans rarely work out even in the fantasy world where you may live.

Interesting you are offering such "sage" advice given you chastised me for using an 80 year old carrier on a Medigap plan.

If it is only $20 to $30 then it would be nice to add to a ACA plan or EVEN a Short Term MED plan..but not recommended...but no way as your sole health insurance policy.....it has a $6,350 yearly cap......but if you go with the short term med and limited plan combo be aware that On average, U.S. hospital deliveries cost $3,500 per stay, according to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. Add in prenatal, delivery-related and post-partum healthcare, and you're looking at an $8,802 tab....and for the fact that only $3,500 is inpatient the combo plan will still leave you high and dry for $5,302......
Pays a great commisison (40% street) and is with a known carrier......30 year old female under $20/month......and all this to make $8 commission ....I would have to pass......
https://www.honorinsurance.us/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/out-of-pocket.pdf

If it is only $20 to $30 then it would be nice to add to a ACA plan or EVEN a Short Term MED plan..but not recommended...but no way as your sole health insurance policy.....it has a $6,350 yearly cap......but if you go with the short term med and limited plan combo be aware that On average, U.S. hospital deliveries cost $3,500 per stay, according to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. Add in prenatal, delivery-related and post-partum healthcare, and you're looking at an $8,802 tab....and for the fact that only $3,500 is inpatient the combo plan will still leave you high and dry for $5,302......
Pays a great commisison (40% street) and is with a known carrier......30 year old female under $20/month......and all this to make $8 commission ....I would have to pass......
https://www.honorinsurance.us/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/out-of-pocket.pdf

Please go back and read this thread from the beginning. You are jumping in the middle and you sound silly....if you took the time to read from the start.

It has already been established that a short term medical plan will not cover a pregnancy. We all know. Thank you. Glad you came to the party.

A Hospital Indemnity....which if you sold insurance (which I am doubting that at this point) you would know it is an add on product. An extra. It is valuable in the O and U 65 space. Billions of premium sold of this stuff each year. However, not many will pay out on a pregnancy hospital stay. And guess what? I know of one that will....this is very valuable to agents who sell U65 health insurance........

Where in this entire post is anyone recomending this as their sole health plan. And why would you even have that thought in your mind after reading and being a part of this thread?

$20 premium x 12 months x 40% commisison is $8.00? When did multiplication change?

It amazes me that there is a lack of comprehension in these threads. It is a HOSPITAL INDEMNITY plan...to be sold IN ADDITION TO a health plan....this thread was started by a guy who wanted to know if he could go on a short term medical plan and if so would it pay for his pregnancy. The answer is no. It has been established that an ACA plan is his only option. I simply came in and say Hey I got an idea that will help you with your pregnancy costs if you get pregant...how about you add this product.....

Dude get your facts straight before you judge.

A Hospital Indemnity....An extra. It is valuable in the O and U 65 space. However, not many will pay out on a pregnancy hospital stay. And guess what? I know of one that will....this is very valuable to agents who sell U65 health insurance........
And if you read my post the hosp. stay is only $3,500....the other cost come from out pat. at $5,302.....your plan only covers inpat. coverage.....so you need a ACA plan first which is expensive and why would anyone pay more for whats already covered in their ACA plan.....

$20 premium x 12 months x 40% commisison is $8.00? When did multiplication change?

$8 a month x 12 = $46......not worth it.......

And if you read my post the hosp. stay is only $3,500....the other cost come from out pat. at $5,302.....your plan only covers inpat. coverage.....so you need a ACA plan first which is expensive and why would anyone pay more for whats already covered in their ACA plan.....

$8 a month x 12 = $46......not worth it.......

So narrow minded. What about a family of 4 and the premium is $100/month....
Focus on helping people not what you make.

Back