Golden Rule changes

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
Just off the phone with one of my agents in MI. GR will initiate the change in plans there and there's apparantely new DOI rules where the MI DOI is holding their feet to the fire.

*GR cannot issue any more riders in MI - the DOI did not like the HBP and cholesterol riders in particular.

*GR cannot take away drug coverage for anyone in MI.

The only underwriting now allowed is their $400 increased deductible. Of course, you can just imagine what underwriting will now be like there.

All the changes for GR will start June 14th and will vary by state. There will be a $3,000 cap on meds that does not apply to the HSA. You can buy up the $3,000 to plan max on the Copay Select but not available on the Plan 80 or Plan 100 - those are fixed at $3,000. They also have new rating tables.

Just off the phone with one of my agents in MI. GR will initiate the change in plans there and there's apparantely new DOI rules where the MI DOI is holding their feet to the fire.

*GR cannot issue any more riders in MI - the DOI did not like the HBP and cholesterol riders in particular.

*GR cannot take away drug coverage for anyone in MI.

The only underwriting now allowed is their $400 increased deductible. Of course, you can just imagine what underwriting will now be like there.

All the changes for GR will start June 14th and will vary by state. There will be a $3,000 cap on meds that does not apply to the HSA. You can buy up the $3,000 to plan max on the Copay Select but not available on the Plan 80 or Plan 100 - those are fixed at $3,000. They also have new rating tables.

1 down :)

Assurant changes also on July 1st - no more $1,250 OOP available for Max Plan or $2,500 OOP. Now the lowest OOP for Max Plan will be $2,000 and the next step up is $3,500.

I also have a rumor (just a rumor) that Ehealthinsurance will not be allowed to provide quotes in MI anymore due to a very high level of complaints. That is unconfirmed. One of my agent's rates for leads just went up in MI. When he called two lead companies told him that since they will no longer be able to offer Ehealthinsurance in MI they have to raise their rates. Other info told me that the MI DOI posted this on their website last month but I can't find it.

I have been a long-time critic of E-Health. Their quoting system guarantees that in most cases, the quote is inaccurate. FACT and Association fees are only mentioned in the fine print. I lobbied the Health Underwriters Association and was basically laughed at.

I can't imagine what their placement and persistency is. I'd imagine it's a "copay saver" and "right start" frenzy since average people think "health insurance is health insurance." First of all, I can't imagine declines and not-taken policies due to adverse underwriting decisions. Then imagine the blow-back as people actually try to use these plans and they don't perform. I personally don't see how Ehealth makes a dime.

As indicated, changes vary by state.

My GR rep called this AM to tell me about changes for GA.

Higher commissions

Addition of a maternity benefit

New comp incentives starting in a few weeks.

The changes alluded to earlier by Chumps & John seem to be localized to association states. Georgia is filed as an individual policy.

Latest posts

Back