Golden Rule "Coming to California"

Consultant

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Does anyone know when? PacifiCare is not doing it for us here. More competition in this state is needed as well.

Its probably not likely. Golden Rule is not likely to go into states that don't allow the use of exclusionary riders on pre-existing conditions.

CA is a non-rider state correct?

Correct - but I've read in my insurance newspapers & mags that they've been applying to the State of California. This was like earlier this year.

Also, I'm choosing to be a non-resident in either FL, TX, GA or AZ to sell Golden Rule. Maybe someone can shed some light on which state is better to sell GR than another.

Producer services of Golden Rule told me the most active states in descending order:

1. FL
2. TX
3. GA
4. MI
5. OH
6. MS
7. AZ
8. CO
9. PA
10. WI
11. CT
12. MD
13. SC
14. NC
...etc...

Last edited:
UHC is killing the competition rate-wise in FL.

CT is my state but the product line we have here is outdated compared to what you would be selling in the other states you listed. Same with Delaware. Blue Cross owns NC at this time.

You may find AZ a good place since you're only the next state over. You might get regional preference as compared to say MS or GA.

Last edited:
Out of state marketers can't make it in Georgia. Might as well stay away.

As I have told others, I will have your liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti . . .

Out of state marketers can't make it in Georgia. Might as well stay away.

As I have told others, I will have your liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti . . .

Laugh out loud... thanks I needed that.. Whew..

UHC is killing the competition rate-wide in FL.

I was told that I have to pay an additional amount for each county! He said it comes out to about $300 plus extra to get contracted in the entire state of FL.

CT is my state but the product line we have here is outdated compared to what you would be selling in the other states you listed. Same with Delaware. Blue Cross owns NC at this time.

Good to know...

You may find AZ a good place since you're only the next state over. You might get regional preference as compared to say MS or GA.

I agree. Plus I talk like a Californian (what my E-Coast friends say) so my thinking was that since a lot of people are moving to AZ from CA - I could be that INS bridge as well :)

Thanks for your input!

I'm not really sold on any states yet.

Sounds like FL has many brokers. My friend in Washington sells in PA because they don't have many brokers and that the people there were usually honest when asking for health insurance.

Consultant,
I don't think your GR contact is correct about FL. I got licensed there and only pay $6 per county as a piece of business comes in from that county. I didn't need to get pre-appointed in every county. $6 per county as you go.

They allow this for out of state agents who are enrolling people online through Golden Rule's E-Store.

Back