Golden Rule/ United Healthcare Won't Be in the Exchange

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
Here is a email I received from one of my buddies. I didn't listen to it yet but from what he said they are only going to be selling outside the exchange and are expecting a 15 to 20% rate increase compared to Humana who will be seeing a 100% rate increase in the exchange. Like I said I didn't have time to listen to it yet.

Golden Rule is looking at the market differently from most carriers. I have included a link to a webinar we did last week, with Bob Roscoe and Golden Rule, that is very instructive on the direction Golden Rule is taking with regard to PPACA and 2014. I know your time is valuable, but you will not be sorry you took the time to view this webinar. This link is 1 hour and 15 min long but I DO SUGGEST EVERY ONE LISTEN TO IT. You might be surprised were the agent might be.

The website is www.hpeagent.com. When you get to the website click on the box on the Right that says UnitedHealth One Reform Webinar 3-21-2013.

Watch it! I still have XP. I follow the rule, don't fix what's not broke.

The audio comes through without downloading the software.

Big news included in it. Other than sticking tight, to make decisions now on what to advise your clients is suicide.

Dang nab it Peeler...the one Golden Rule webinar I wanna watch I cant! I got windows 7...what plug in do I need seriously? LOL...This is BIG news however if Golden Rules not in the exhanges, this is really big.

Last edited:
Something's not adding up. UHC supposedly makes a huge announcement via this 3/21/2013 webinar and there's no news about it anywhere on the net?

Since the HPE website where the link (that won't play) is hosted by Marge LeClair in Minnesota, it MIGHT BE that the webinar pertaining only to the Minnesota exchange-marketplace.

(By the way, the extension of the file where the webinar is recorded is .wmv, which is common and should play on all Windows Media Players... Windows95, Windows98, WindowsXP, Vista, 7, 8,.. etc. It looks like the file is corrupted, or sabotaged at the source. Probably intentionally.)
ac

There is no requirement to offer inside the exchange. If you do, a similar plan outside the exchange must have the same price.

I see others following the king, and this thing imploding. Only the Blues will play in the sandbox, others are taking their ball and going home.

Cigna has indicated they won't be in HIX, only outside and only in a few states.

This is going to be interesting.

Add Assurant to the list not playing

That leaves Humana and Aetna.

And Humana has a webinar this wednesday.
Aetna is waiting to see what every else does

Back