GoldenRule Appointment??

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hey guys.. I'm back after a vacation from the forum...

I have an interesting question. I was looking at my appointments on the TDI website, and I noticed that my GoldenRule appointment was no longer listed? I haven't written with them due to pricing, but a bit concerned as to why they would pull my appointment? I didn't think they normally did that based on production?

Ok, I received a cancellation letter of my GR appointment effective about a week ago?

I have not sent in a single policy so it's not that big of a deal, but I'm curious why I was canceled?

Does GR or possibly my key broker have a production requirement?

??

I don't remember.. I have been appointed with them for about 10 months. Honestly, I don't care too much.. just curious why the appointment was canceled. I can't get any response from the Key Broker.

I can tell you why. Key Brokers can only have "X" amount of agents under them. New key brokers or those that don't do a high volume can only put 25 agents under them. If they want to hire more past 25 they need to cancel the lowest producing agents.

For me when I used to hire for Assurant I just had it where appointment fees came out of my check. However, upon year's end I'd nix the agents who didn't do any business since I obviously wasn't going to pay their renewal fees. That means if they didn't remit the fee they were no longer appointed. In states like MD it's not an issue since there are no fees.

Back