Goleads or SalesGenie for these goals?

BiggitySwat

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Folks,

I did a search here on SalesGenie and it seems there's alot of dissatisfaction, also the price was freaking me out. I just want to be able to have access to public records and attain the following lists:

(Lists including names, addresses, phone numbers, and perhaps mortgage lender and/or birth hospital)
1) Recent mortgages
2) Recent home refinances
3) Recent births

Also want a way to sort through these lists by ZIP code.

I intend to do the following with these lists:
1) Telemarket
2) Mailers w/ a phone followup

I was thinking of GoLeads, but they won't give me lists of homes without spending $150, as their $9.95/mo service only gives business info?

Any help would be appreciated....

Make a weekly, or monthly trip the the County Clerks office.

That information is available there, and most times free, or a small charge for printing.

If you don't want the hassle of going there yourself, you may be able to contact an independent title examiner, and hire them to obtain the information there for you.

Depending on the size of your county, there may or may not be any title examiners there on a daily basis.

If you ask the person working the front desk, they will probably be more than happy to point out the title examiners, they usually know who there are.

I have been using First American Core Logic, Santa Ana, CA for 4 yrs now. They give you all the information you indicated you need. Note that the list with phone number is scrubbed against the DNC so you will only get phone numbers on 5-10% of the records. I download leads every weekend and the records are 7-10 days old (that's when they were recorded). Try also Homeowners Marketing, Van Nuys, CA.

Expect a .5% response--1,000 mailers = 5 leads.

I started cold calling non responders asking if they would like me to mail them a free quote. Over 10 day period and 239 calls, had no luck.

I agree with Thenewguy, Go to the county clerks and you should be able to get all this information for free. Also does your local newspaper print property transfers in their paper?

In most areas the mortgage market is well beyond saturated. Unless you have a USP you will probably go BROKE very quickly in that market.

In most areas the mortgage market is well beyond saturated. Unless you have a USP you will probably go BROKE very quickly in that market.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a USP?

There are tons of NAA mortgage leads available where I am,the problem is that I won't be with the NAA forever, and will be cut off from these leads.

Also, there are a handful of competitor NAA agents outside of my core upline that I have run into already, and I want to find some way of undercutting their hard-sell non-med sales approach. If I can somehow can get my local mailer out to the prospects before their North Carolina one does, maybe there is a chance?

A friend recommended I ditch the mortgage protection mailers and just cold call the new mortgages/re-fis, introduce myself, and suggest a casual "cup of coffee" meeting where I do a basic needs analysis and give them more information about what I do. No selling or pressure in the first meeting. Can this work well?

I am not too good at cold-calling, but my secretary is. I do not want to rely on her though as I get greater satisfaction out of qualifying the leads myself and asking them questions.

As far as the failures of cold-calling, I wanted to try doing a large-scale approach like John P's methodology, except applying it to life insurance (as mortgage protection).

USP = unique selling proposition

Having leads does not correspond to making sales, particularly sales that will stick.

Perhaps your area is different, but the mortgage market in most areas has been beat to death. Homeowners and refi's are hammered with calls and solicitations for "mortgage insurance".

If I can somehow can get my local mailer out to the prospects before their North Carolina one does, maybe there is a chance?

Perhaps, but first one in is no guarantee.

If you have ever bought a home, or refinanced, you know that these folks are not flush with cash . . . particularly the new homeowner. The refi candidate might have cash but many times the refi was to consolidate debt.

I can tell you some guys I know locally used to do quite well mailing folks 6 - 12 months after they took out the mortgage. They actually got a higher ROI than with "fresh" leads.

A
friend recommended I ditch the mortgage protection mailers and just cold call the new mortgages/re-fis, introduce myself, and suggest a casual "cup of coffee" meeting where I do a basic needs analysis and give them more information about what I do. No selling or pressure in the first meeting. Can this work well?

It might work, but I doubt it.

Of course before you do that you need to scrub your list against DNC.

Perhaps your area is different, but the mortgage market in most areas has been beat to death. Homeowners and refi's are hammered with calls and solicitations for "mortgage insurance".

I recently refied my home in Los Angeles and received 16 letters from life insurance agents offering Mtg. Prot.

can tell you some guys I know locally used to do quite well mailing folks 6 - 12 months after they took out the mortgage. They actually got a higher ROI than with "fresh" leads.

I've tried mailing letters to 1-yr-old mtg with very little response.

Back