GoLeads

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Just got setup with goleads... what type of scripts do you all use when calling business owners? Also, any other best practices would be appreciated.

THanks!

Just got setup with goleads... what type of scripts do you all use when calling business owners? Also, any other best practices would be appreciated.

THanks!

Here are some of my personal favorites:

'Yo, you want any insurance today?'

'Hey, buddy, I hear you might get sick in the near future, how about some insurance to see you through it?'

'Good morning, sir, I'm from Mega Life and we can set you up for bankruptcy if you get sick, how does that sound?'

Sorry, long (and successful) day.

Here's the script I give my telemarketers (for better or worse):

Hi, _________, this is _____. How are you doing today?

I’m calling from the _______. We are health insurance brokers in ________, and, by enrolling you in one of the many new plans now available in ______, may be able to save you as much as 50% on your health insurance premiums. Is this something of interest to you?

The first step is for us to send you some basic info about our Agency and how we work with clients. How does all this sound to you?

If yes, would you like the information by email, fax or regular mail?
Then ask for the email or fax or confirm the street address from our list.

Here are some of my personal favorites:

'Yo, you want any insurance today?'

'Hey, buddy, I hear you might get sick in the near future, how about some insurance to see you through it?'

'Good morning, sir, I'm from Mega Life and we can set you up for bankruptcy if you get sick, how does that sound?'

Where were earlier when i need a boost during my early afternoon telemarketing calls..

Love the ML one liner.

Where were earlier when i need a boost during my early afternoon telemarketing calls..

Love the ML one liner.

I was out selling insurance and trying to get a really bad underwriting decision reversed...

By the way, those first two lines are best delivered with a really thick Brooklyn accent (I grew up there, it's OK for me to say that)

The first step is for us to send you some basic info about our Agency and how we work with clients. How does all this sound to you?

Curious. What basic agency info do you send them? When do you get their age data to run the quote? On a second call?

Or do you have them run their own quotes via your web link(s) to the carrier(s).

Al

Curious. What basic agency info do you send them? When do you get their age data to run the quote? On a second call?

Or do you have them run their own quotes via your web link(s) to the carrier(s).

Al

I have an introductory letter that gives my background and some comments about health insurance and how to save money. I also include a one page flyer about our services, another one pager summarizing some recent success stories, and a product brochure.

Quotes come after the follow up call if there is sincere interest.

Quotes come after the follow up call if there is sincere interest.

I may do this. Quotes take time to run and I've been getting the "Yeah, send me something" replies... I send the quotes and the follow up is "I'll look at it when I get time." KMA on that!

Maybe the 2-step approach is better... it would sure save time... and is worth a try. I don't suppose you want to share the contents of your initial email with us, Mike?

Al

Anywhere from 2 - 5 days. Gives them time to get over the barrage of folks calling and beating them up. By then they either are glad to talk or never want to talk to another agent as long as they live.

If they have bothered to read my emails (and a lot dont) they know what kind of junk & high pressure is being used and get the sense that I wont beat them up like the other folks.

I may do this. Quotes take time to run and I've been getting the "Yeah, send me something" replies... I send the quotes and the follow up is "I'll look at it when I get time." KMA on that!

Maybe the 2-step approach is better... it would sure save time... and is worth a try. I don't suppose you want to share the contents of your initial email with us, Mike?

Al

Al,

It's a piece selling myself as much as anything else. It has to be something you believe in. Why not sit down and write something about you and the way you do business plus how you help your clients and send it to me, I'll be glad to comment.

Latest posts

Back